Revised opening hours and new delivery service
Now that Pesach is over, we have decided to make some changes to ensure we can continue to support the community with the provision of kosher food during the continued lockdown. We understand that many of our regular customers are not able to visit the Deli and for those that can, we want to ensure the highest levels of safety both for shoppers and our dedicated team of staff and volunteers.
Thank you to all those customers who have been in touch to show their appreciation of our team and volunteers for the service we provided over Pesach. If you would like to make a comment or say thank you, please visit Google reviews.
- With the exception of today (Sunday 19th April, open until 1pm), the Deli will now only open on Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays.
- Our opening hours will be:
- Tuesday: 10am to 2pm
- Thursday: 1pm to 6pm
- Friday: 9am to 1pm
- The reduction in hours on Thursday will allow us time to make up orders for our new delivery service.
- Customers can order items for collection or delivery, preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will take phone orders but when the shop is busy you will need to leave a clear message on the answer phone.
- Deliveries will be charged at £5 for addresses within 5 miles of the Deli and £10 for up to 10 miles. Please call for a quote if you are further away.
- Orders will be dealt with in strict order of receipt and we will call you to take payment and confirm when delivery will be made (not necessary the same day you place the order).
- Any special orders for items we do not normally carry in stock must be placed by 1pm Sunday in order to be available on Thursday.
- The Deli will remain downstairs in the Locker Suite until further notice - this will allow us to maintain social distancing and have all our stock in one place.
- When shopping in person, we only allow a maximum of 3 customers at a time in the Locker Suite (which is much greater separation than you would find in a supermarket) and therefore if you need to shop in person or send someone to shop for you, we offer as safe an environment as is possible.
- A waiting area has been set up in the corridor and foyer but if we do see a surge in customers we will ask people to leave the premises and come back at a later time.
- Our first post-Pesach bread and challah delivery will be on Thursday 23rd April. Please note that the Deli will not be open for walk-in customers until 1pm on Thursdays from now on.
- As far as possible we would ask you to make payment by debit or credit card. We would prefer not to be handling cash and have no facility to bank cheques. We are equipped to take payment over the phone as well as in person and accept Visa, MasterCard and Amex.
- Our website is kept up to date with any changes to opening times - please visit www.centralshul.com/deli
Please forward this email to other community members who may not be on our mailing list.