Update - Tuesday 24th March 2020
Following last night's government announcement, we have decided to make some urgent changes to how Central Deli will operate in order to protect the safety of our staff, volunteers and customers. Please read this email carefully and share its contents with others - especially those who are not on email and need to know what is happening:
I would like to thank the team who are working long hours in these most difficult times. Please be respectful to them and bear with us over the coming days as we adapt our operation to ensure everyone gets what they need for Pesach. I would be grateful if you could forward this email to other community members who may not be on our mailing list.
- Our stocks have already started arriving and our team is busy getting the Locker Suite ready for business.
- We do not envisage any shortages of products and orders we have placed with our suppliers are arriving to schedule.
- We have received an unprecedented number of advance orders - although individual orders are smaller than normal as people are planning to be spending Yom Tov by themselves, so we believe we will have adequate stocks.
- We want to encourage as many people as possible to place their orders for either collection or delivery. Given the demographic of our community, we do not want to see large numbers of people attending the shop at the same time.
- We have therefore decided that Central Deli will not open for shopping this Thursday as previously advertised. Thursday will be used by our team to make up orders that have already been placed and to ensure these are collected and delivered.
- Orders are being processed in order of receipt. As soon as your order is available for collection we will call you and ask you to come to collect it within the hour. You will not be able to go browsing in the shop for additional items on Thursday.
- If you have asked for delivery, then we will arrange via our team to deliver it to you as soon as we can - most likely these deliveries will commence on Thursday afternoon.
- We had never planned to have all the fresh products (especially meat) available this week - we simply do not have the cold storage capacity. Therefore, some orders will only be partially fulfilled and we will keep any items we cannot fulfil this week on order to ensure you receive them when our next deliveries come in later next week.
- Central Deli will then open for customers to visit on Friday morning from 9am to 1pm. There will be fresh bread available for Shabbat, some chametz items for sale and ability to purchase Pesach products.
- There will still be nearly two weeks to purchase additional items and once the majority of the initial orders are cleared this week, we will be happy to process new orders for delivery or collection, as well as allow people to shop in person.
- The number of people in the Locker Suite will be strictly limited and a waiting area will be set up in the foyer. However, if deemed necessary, we will ask people to leave the premises and come back at a later time.
- Please be responsible and only order what you need. If you have placed orders expecting family gatherings and no longer require some of your order, please let us know so we can re-allocate to others.
- As far as possible we would ask you to make payment by debit or credit card. We would prefer not to be handling cash. We are equipped to take payment over the phone as well as in person and accept Visa, MasterCard and Amex.
- Our team is completely preoccupied with filling orders and getting the store ready. We are not able to respond to individual phone calls and would ask people to email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions, orders, changes and requests. If you know someone in the community who cannot email us, please offer to do it on their behalf or see if you can answer their question based on this information.
- A full list of our opening times for the coming weeks can be downloaded here however this will be subject to change if we feel necessary.
- Latest information and important updates about Central Deli status can always be found on the front page of www.centralshul.com
- You can download a PDF of the Pesach Order form here for home printing, or if you would like to fill in the form using Microsoft Word and email it to us download this form instead. We will continue to accept new orders although these are unlikely to be fulfilled until next week.
- The London Beth Din have issued their first set of exceptional guidelines for this Pesach which can be viewed here. The Deli already has a stock of kosher lePesach milk, coffee, tea, sugar and other staples and you may therefore want to wait until after you have received your order from us before taking advantage of the additional leniencies that are offered here.
- Some of our staff and volunteers have had to self-isolate or have decided to stay at home. Central Deli is in the category of an essential food store/service and therefore allows us to ask people to continue to work or volunteer to help. If you are willing and able to help, please urgently contact email@example.com