Licensee Focus: Sentinel Hill Press
Sentinel Hill Press is proud to announce that the latest issue of The Arkham Gazette is available for purchase on DriveThruRPG!
The Arkham Gazette is a magazine focused on the Lovecraft Country setting of Call of Cthulhu but with potential items of interest for anyone playing Call of Cthulhu, BRP games, or other Lovecraftian RPGs. In this issue our focus is on witches and witchcraft in Lovecraft Country, from the possibly Mythos origins of certain witch-cults, through the witch trials of the colonial past, until the 'modern' day of the Classic Era. This issue will be our last new issue released using the 6th Edition of the Call of Cthulhu rules; conversion notes for 7th Edition are being developed.
Our contributors include L.T. Barker, Dan Harms, Tyler Hudak, Chris Huth, Graeme Price, and Christopher Smith Adair. Art is by Trevor Henderson, Chris Huth, and Ian Maclean, with handouts prepared by Dean Engelhardt. Our handout PDF also contains an additional prop document by Chris Jarocha-Ernst.
This issue contains the following items -
- New England's Witch Trials - a look at the real-world history
- The Witches of Lovecraft Country - A Keeper's overview of witches in various Lovecraft Country sources
- Building a Better Witch - A Keeper's guide for creating memorable witch NPCs
- Gods of the Witches - the Mythos gods a witch might worship and how that impacts the witch in play
- Rat-things and Worse Horrors - All about familiars, rat-things and other even more horrible options
- Marked by the Devil - a physician talks about 'witch-marks', where witches would suckle their familiars
- Colonial Folk Magic - the actual 'spells' people used to cast in the 17th and 18th century
- The Dried Cat - a scenario seed using a real item of folk magic, a cat's body hidden inside a house
- Of Evill Sorceries Done in New-England by Daemons in No Humane Shape - all about that Mythos tome, from its history and contents to present availability
- Touched by the Fairies - Expands of Lovecraft's link between witches and ghouls based on his likely inspiration, the appendix on fairies from "The Witch-cult in Western Europe"
- Witches' Hollow - all about this location near Arkham from the Derleth 'colaboration' of the same name
- Annotated List of Witch scenarios - a list of every witch scenario in Lovecraft Country and beyond, with notes for the Keeper
- 'The Queen of Night' - an expansive (40 page!) scenario, set in Arkham and nearby towns, involving a dark family lineage and the taint of witchcraft.
The Arkham Gazette #3; 120 pages. PDF $12, Print on Demand $20 (and includes a free copy of the PDF).
The Sentinel Hill Press-cast Episode #1 -