/ Last Weekend
Saturday we gathered for an evening of story and tribute to the last 10 years of Justin and Amy's ministry in Bangor, with Bishop Andrew present to celebrate with us. Laughter erupted throughout the night, and tears flowed freely. We are beyond thankful for this family that has said yes to Jesus again and again, and led our community so well. We shared great food, we blessed their boys in the "chair of awesomeness," and ended the evening by praying compline together.
On Sunday, Fr. Justin preached on the Aaronic Blessing, and Bishop Andrew preached into what God is saying to us on this mountaintop. If you weren't able to be present, please listen to these messages HERE
As Fr. Justin celebrated his last eucharist as our rector, the liturgy was filled with both exuberant praise and tears of sadness. How fitting it was to so approach the table of sacrifice and redemption. Following communion - as one body - we prayed over this family, and they, in turn, blessed us. It was a day full of God's presence, and I think we all left changed in some way.
• Thursday, Sept 26 6:30p - Evening of Worship and Prayer at Imago.
• 1 month of prayer & fasting as the Search Committee creates a parish profile of who we are and what we're looking for in a Rector. Start Date TBD
• End of October - completion of the parish profile.
• Saturday evening, Nov. 9 - Ordination of Amy Howard to the priesthood in Bangor, ME.
• Sunday, Nov. 10 - Confirmation Sunday with Bp Andrew.
• Preaching Team
The Interim Preaching team has been formed and is currently comprised of Stu & Christie Greener, Dan Miller, Luke Redington & Scott DeLong. Our purpose is to provide a unified, prophetic voice from Scripture for our community to feed on in this transition. We've met twice now, and are already blown away by the anointing and inspiration the Lord has given to this group.
Stu Greener will be first to preach this coming Sunday.
• Search Committee
The Search Committee has been formed and is comprised of the following Parish Council and MC leaders: Chrissy Kenerson, Dan Long, Charlene Holyoke, Demelza Ramirez, George Phelps, Adam Barber, Scott DeLong, Sam Kenerson, and Trevor Gordon.
We are a representative form of church government, so we will welcome any and all input from you at any time. In the coming weeks we will circulate several reflection questions we would like you to answer that will help us draft our parish profile, the document that will be circulated to the province for prospective applicants. Seriously, we want to hear what you're thinking!
• Intercession Team
Sarah and the Intercessors. We still think that's a cool band name, but in all seriousness, we are so thankful for Sarah, Sue, and Beth who are covering this transition in prayer. Please pray for them to have endurance, wisdom, and clear discernment and if you sense anything in your prayers related to this season, bring it to them!
• Sacramental Ministry
Canon Ross, who was present this weekend, is working with Scott to create a schedule of visiting priests who will celebrate the Eucharist with us. We won't have a priest every weekend, so Deacon Tom, and even perhaps Deacon Amy (who is not on sabbatical) may administer reserved sacrament on those Sundays. Deacon Tom will be the go-to clergy for any visitation need that may arise in our community.
• Small Groups
Small Groups will begin around the first week in October. Stay tuned for what groups will be offered!
1. For the Howards - pray for Fr. Justin's sabbatical. Pray that their house sells asap. Pray for their boys in new schools. Pray for the processing they will do with spiritual directors as they look back at the last 10 years.
2. For our Leaders - pray regularly for the Preaching Team, the Search Committee/PC, the Intercessors, the Small Group/MC Leaders, Catechists, and Dcn. Tom. Pray for Bishop Andrew & Canon Ross. Pray for our next Rector and their family.
3. For our Church - pray for families, children, marriages, students, those who live alone, the sick, and those on the fringes of our community. Pray for the unity of our body, and for our pursuit of the Lord.
4. For our Mission - pray for the lost, for people of peace, for opportunities to bring the kingdom, for the restoration of all things.
The Lord said to Moses, “Tell Aaron and his sons, ‘This is how you are to bless the Israelites.
Say to them:
“‘“The Lord bless you
and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine on you
and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you
and give you peace.”’
“So they will put my name on the Israelites, and I will bless them.”
In great confidence of his faithfulness,
Scott DeLong, Pastor of Ministry Systems