Here are some options for summer meals for kids. Please note that not all
Seattle sites have been posted yet as the summer meal program doesn't begin
until 6/27, so you may need to check back.
- US Food and Nutrition Program: https://www.fns.usda.gov/meals4kids
- United Way Free Summer Meals: https://www.uwkc.org/free-summer-meals/
or text FOOD to 304-304
- Hunger Intervention Program's Summer Eats:
New Roosevelt Girls Soccer Camp
Who: Incoming 4th - 9th Graders
When: August 15, 16, 17, 18 (9:30am-12:30pm)
Please click here for more details.
Nathan Hale Boys / BX Ultimate
Calling all BX ultimate players entering Nathan Hale in the fall! Our season begins with Captain's Practice during the week of 8/15 and Coached Practice and tryouts beginning 8/22. Monday thru Thursday 4-6pm at John Rogers Elementary Playfield until the school year begins.
Learn more about Nathan Hale BX Ultimate by going to www.halesports.org and choose Boys Ultimate.
Sign your student up for ultimate and other sports at Nathan Hale through Final Forms: https://halehs.seattleschools.org/student-life/athletics/
Final Forms paperwork must be completed at least 24 hours before the 8/22/2022 start of the season.
Order Roosevelt High School Rider Gear
We're offering rising freshmen and their families an opportunity to buy some Rider Gear now, so they're all set heading into their first year of high school. We're so excited to see the new Riders in the Fall!
Proceeds of the sale of the sweatshirts (we are selling white or green hoodies with "Go Riders" written on the front) will benefit the non-profit Booster Club, which benefits all athletics at RHS.
Thank you so much for getting them ready, JAMS!
Lincoln Women's Lacrosse
Are you attending Lincoln High School next year? Are you interested in joining Lincoln women’s lacrosse? The team is planning to start next year in the spring and would compete against other high schools in the area. Anyone who wants to try lacrosse is encouraged to join and no experience is needed.
If you’re interested or want more information, please fill out the form at tinyurl.com/lincolnlacrosse by June 22.
COYOTE Summer Registration is OPEN
- Coyote North Summer Calendar is live and ready for registrations! We have some exciting new Cooking, Poetry, Acting, Painting, Photography, Woodworking, and Metalworking classes, so check them out! All classes (as always) are pay-what-works-for-you.
The summer calendar is here, and you can register online here: https://coyotecentral.org/register-for-classes
- Coyote North Summer Kick-off Party will be on June 16th from 5:30-7:30pm! It is free and open to everyone, so we hope to see you there!
The flyer is attached and you can register (for a FREE RAFFLE TICKET) here: https://forms.gle/TwXULhEciPxZsJQHA
Kids With An Edge- Ages 4-18
Now Online! We offer highly interactive and effective tutoring/classes designed to build confidence while enjoying the journey. We offer small group and 1:1 options.
- Early Learning Math and Reading for KG success (Ages 4-6)
- ELA- writing/reading/spelling/vocabulary
- Book Creation- fun way to hone writing skills while creating a beautiful keepsake. Online and hard copies of book will be available to share with friends and family!
Wise Summer Online Camps
Cooking, Science, English (online with activity box delivered to camper's home!)
- Kids learn how to cook in their own kitchen! You'll see the benefit the first time they offer to cook you dinner!
- An activity box that keeps your child engaged for 5 straight days for 3 hours a day!!
- Don't fight traffic to get your child an educational, engaged enrichment activity!
- Our trained staff will engage children in fun activities to get them to meet other students!
Online Mini Chefs (Entering Grades 3-5, July 18-22nd, 9-noon)
Let’s get mixing! In this camp you’ll learn to cook some basic dishes and have a ton of fun in the process! You won’t leave hungry!
Online Fantastic Foodies (Entering grades 3-5, July 18-22nd, 12:30-3:30)
It’s time to go on a culinary expedition! Learn about different foods, tastes, and why we like them! You will learn some basic cooking skills on this exciting culinary adventure!
Online Creative Writing (Entering grades 6-8, July 25-29th, 12:30-3:30)
Creative Writing Campers will have the opportunity to practice fun strategies to enhance their writing skills. This camp will focus on using your writing skills to your fullest potential, but it’s also a chance to have fun with language in writing! Join us to hone your practice in your choice of writing genre: fiction, non-fiction, screenplay, or poetry; and work towards a goal of potential publication!
Online SAT Prep (Entering grades 9-11, August 1-5th, 12:30-3:30)
Who knew standardized tests could be fun?! In this camp we will conquer the toughest high school challenge: the SAT! Ready to dominate that essay portion? This camp will give you the tips, tricks and experience you need to enter that essay with confidence! You will even have the opportunity to have a practice essay scored by an experienced English teacher!
Online Crime Scene Sleuths (Entering grades 7-10, July 11-15th, 9-noon)
Ever wondered how crime scene investigators use their science skills to solve mysteries? Come learn about some of their best crime solving tricks including how they collect and analyze fingerprints, carpet fibers, and DNA, and much, much more. Then, use your new found skills to crack a case of your own!
Online Public Health Protectors (Entering grades 7-10, July 25-29th, 9-noon)
Ever been curious why masks are important or how vaccines work or how culture and environment impact health? Public Health Protectors explores the many factors that impact both personal and public health. We dive into real-life situations including COVID-19, cancer, and access to healthcare. And even investigate how to protect the public from the zombie apocalypse.
For details about this summer's offerings, please go to
Register directly at:
Seattle Artist League Youth and Teen Camps (ages 9-17)
Join us for camps (June 26 - Aug 19) with Wheel Throwing, Clay Sculpting, Painting, Photography, Drawing, Mixed Media, and more!
Summer Enrichment Classes at UW Youth and Teen Programs
Registration for summer enrichment classes closes soon. The elementary and middle school classes below are still open for enrollment.
- Actor’s Workshop (In Person - 6th – 8th grades)
- Intro to Drag and Drop Coding with Skylark (Online - 4th – 5th grades)
- Inside the Courthouse (In Person – 6th – 8th grades)
- Community Architecture Studio (In Person – 6th – 8th grades)
- Nanocamp (In Person, 6th – 8th grades)
- Scenes from Musical Theatre (In Person – 6th – 8th grades)
Visit www.youth-teen.uw.edu for course details and registration information.
Summer J Camp Registration is Coming!
Summer J Camp at the Stroum JCC is excited to be opening registration for our 2022 season next week!
Build your own experience with Summer J Camp! With more than 60 camps to choose from, Summer J Camp is 10 weeks of fun. Running from June 21 - Aug. 26 with options for kids in pre-K through 10th grades (and job opportunities for anyone older). Bus transportation is available, along with our extended care program and swim lessons. Sign up by March 11 to get our Early Bird Discount and save 10%. Registration open Feb. 2. Click here to learn more!
Nathan Hale Football dates for incoming freshman!
Hello future Nathan Hale football players!
I am extremely excited for you all to start your journey as a high school student-athlete this coming summer! High school athletics are all about community, commitment, pride, and above all else, creating memories with your close friends while competing in the sport you love.
We have some important dates coming up for the football program soon!
- Friday starting at 3:45PM after school.
- June 8th from 6:30PM – 8:30PM, the new parent & student night at Nathan hale. You can enjoy dinner, get info about sports & clubs, and buy high school spirit wear.
- June 11th is a team fundraising event during the UW graduation commencement ceremony. Any Nathan Hale community can attend to help support the football program!
If any future players or parents have questions about signing up for football this year please do not hesitate to reach out to Coach Taylor Cassell at (206) 602 – 0119.
Lincoln Volleyball Camp
Lincoln volleyball is hosting a volleyball summer camp for any students going into grades 3-8 next school year, no experience required.
The camp is Wednesday July 27 – Friday July 29. Half day and full day options are available. To find out more information visit the Lincoln volleyball website here, visit the Lincoln volleyball Instagram @lincolnhs_volleyball,
or email Coach Ware at email@example.com.
We hope to see you there. Go Lynx!
Roosevelt High School Boys Water Polo
The Roosevelt HS Boys Water Polo is a Fall Club sport to provide students with competitive and recreational opportunities to play water polo. The Riders consistently rank among the best in Washington.
The water polo season starts the end of August/ beginning of September and runs through November. Experienced and novice athletes alike are encouraged to join the program. Football, basketball, baseball, soccer, lacrosse, wrestling and swimming skills all transfer very well to this high action sport. It is like soccer, but played in the water wearing awesome caps. We have a great team culture and fantastic coaches.
Please contact Chantelle Dykstra firstname.lastname@example.org to get on our mailing list.
Family Resource Center at Nathan Hale HS:
Wednesdays 1:30 pm – 4:00 pm
There are no appointments – families just come.
At the FamilyWorks Family Resource Center, families will be connected to staff who can assist with:
- Rental assistance applications
- Enrollment in public benefits
- Clothing & shoes
- Free diapers, books, and toys
- Weekly groceries at its food bank, available through its Wallingford location: 1501 N. 45th Street, Seattle.
- Connecting families within their community by offering multilingual playgroups, parent support networks, and other enrichment activities for families.
Services are offered in English, Spanish, and Somali. The resource center will remain open on site through COVID SPS building closures if that happens.
Weekly King County COVID-19 update
You can read the COVID-19 weekly email alert summaries here
The aforementioned websites contains information and content supplied by third parties. Information contained herein regarding any specific person, commercial product process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by JAMS PTSA.