Celebrating things in good manner will serve as a respect to God and also it helps our future generation to leave healthy. So let us pledge to celebrate the Diwali festival without harming our environment. Wish you all a Happy Eco Friendly Diwali festival.
Wish you all a Happy Diwali!
Diwali is the festival of lights and the day which get won over the evil. It is celebrated to acknowledge the victory of God Ram over the evil Ravan. But with the changing time the style of celebrating Diwali has also changed drastically. We are forgetting our ancient history. Now Diwali celebrations mean electric illumination and bursting noisy fire crackers. This change in the celebration style has imposed many bad effects on the environment like excessive air, noise and soil pollution, over consumption of power and consumerism. Besides these environmental effects the new style of celebrating Deepawali leads to various health issues.
Here are few Eco Friendly Diwali Tips:
1.Light up mud diyas instead of artificial lights or go natural and use the orange peel for a diya be creative . Would you Rethink?
2.Buy Paper Lanterns instead of plastic or if you wish to buy a plastic lantern, ensure to keep it safe for use of next Diwali. Would you care to Reuse?
3. Wrap your gifts in newspapers instead of shiny plastic wraps and make it a trend. Would you Repurpose?
4. Diwali is gifting time however would you like to Recreate space for wildlife by distributing gifts like plant seeds, bird nest box, bird feeders.
5. Minimize the crackers as they affect our local birds, would you Respect their lives as well.
6. After buying new pair of clothes, would you Recycle your old and unused clothes by donating it on Goonj or Freecycle
7. Diwali is feasting time however would you Respond to wastage of food and donate excess food or sweets donate to any of the locations closer to you.
8. Shopping in malls could be taxing to environment. Would you care to Refuse plastic bags from every shop.
9. Use the holidays to visit a wilderness patch with your family and Rejuvenate in nature’s lap.
10. We are running Urban iNaturewatch Challenge across the country. We are encouraging citizens to Record local biodiversity using our iBird, iButterflies and iTrees mobile apps