Carnevale Vergennes: "Il Circo della Vita!"
The Circus of Life!
This Saturday, March 4th 7 to 11 pm.
Why should you go?
In one evening you have the ability to make a difference to three area non-profits:
- The Boys & Girls Club of Greater Vergennes (supporting our youth)
- The Vergennes Partnership (economic vitality)
- The Vergennes Opera House (cultural vitality)
How much are the tickets?
Think of it as donating $16.65 to each group but getting a world-class epic night out in the process! Tickets can be purchased here online (held at the door) or you can scoop them up in Vergennes at Linda's Apparel, Malabar, Everywear for Everybody, and Classic Stitching, all located on Main Street in Vergennes.
What is happening at the event? OHHHH BOY!
- World Class Entertainment from the Bindlestiff Family Circus including Pinky the hula hooper (you don't want to miss Pinky!), dancing provided by the Hokum Brothers Band and an epic "pit band" with members of the Brass Balagans in musical attendance.
- Games and hilarity for amazing prizes! Play carnival games of chance and skill, win a prize but more importantly, win a chance at winning one of the three TOP prizes...each one something you will WANT.
- A wall full of "experiences" locally and region-wide that involve dinners and teas and cocktails happening this summer throughout the area.
- Food provided by area restaurants: 3 Squares, Bar Antidote, Black Sheep and Park Squeeze....HUGE YUM!
- Cash bar expertly tended by the mixologists from Bar Antidote (a portion of their sales will be donated back).
- FEEL GOOD! You will feel like a hero by helping to raise important operational funds for three, yes three, area non-profits.
What do you wear?
You can wear whatever you want! Some folks go in full-on Carnevale garb, complete with masks and wigs, some will be wearing clothes that support the theme this year which is the Circus! Others will pull out their very-most-favorite-but-you-hardly-get-to-wear-it outfit. So you see, anything goes!
Please help us make this 4th annual Carnevale Vergennes something to remember! Buy your tickets today and better yet, get a friend or two, or three to come with you.
Here's a little video about the founders of the Bindlestiff Family Circus.
SOLD OUT! THE LAST NOTE: Farewell Concert for the Bluegrass Gospel Project.
This incredible group is certainly going out with a bang and have successfully sold out their very last concert. If you scooped up a ticket GOOD FOR YOU! You will be treated to an amazing evening. The group will be selling their CDs at the show as well as their 7th and newest CD "Delivered". If you missed out on this concert, don't despair, instead go to their website and purchase some of their music. http://www.bluegrassgospelproject.com/
Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with PRYDEIN, Vermont's own Celtic Rock Band on Friday, March 17 at 7:30pm.
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day and there is a great excuse this year to celebrate BIG at the Vergennes Opera House with Prydein, Vermont's own Celtic rock band. Yes, that's right! Their music will have you doing a jig that you didn't even know you had in you! Plus, they are welcoming special guests the Catamount Pipe Band.
Doors open at 7:30pm with a cash bar provided by Bar Antidote. The group will also be releasing their new CD. Tickets will be available at the door only and are $20 for adults, $10 for kids and free for children 5 and under.
Come on out and get your Irish on...or your Scottish.... :)
VERMONT'S HAS TALENT! Saturday, March 25th at 3pm.
On Saturday, March 25th some of Vermont's best talent from throughout the state will perform on the Vergennes Opera House Stage and vie for a $500 grand prize! All are welcome to come and cheer their favorites on. Tickets are available at the door and are $18 for adults, $15 for seniors, $12 for students and $6 for children six and under. More info here: http://missvermont.org/vermont-has-talent.html
VERGENNES TOWN MEETING, Monday, March 6th, 7pm in the Vergennes Opera House
Vergennes' residents, exercise your democratic rights and attend this year's Vergennes Town Meeting at the Vergennes Opera House on Monday, March 6th at 7pm. Comfy seats, interesting conversations, and important decisions await you!
ZUMBA Every Monday (except 3/6) and Wednesday at 6pm in the Vergennes Opera House. Warmer weather is coming!
More information at http://staceysherman.zumba.com or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org