As one of your brothers in Christ at Redeemer said to me recently: “This year is the ultimate Advent. We’re all just waiting and hoping.”
- For Megan and Kyle Wesenberg, awaiting the safe arrival of a baby son. Megan was recently put on bedrest after experiencing some strong contractions. Hoping for more time for baby’s lungs to develop before his birth.
- For Mary Bockhaus, who will have the first of three radiation treatments to hopefully shrink tumors in her brain. We wait for news that might allow movement to a new facility and enhanced speech therapy.
- Thanksgiving upon seeing that Todd Koch, a frontline health care professional, was vaccinated against COVID 19 two days ago. We all wait with hope for vaccinations to make a profound difference in our pandemic reality.
The Christmas Eve forecast has turned much chillier. We still plan for an outdoor worship opportunity at 4pm, but now we are closing in on an option for people to tune to an AM radio channel and stay inside warm cars if desired. For the latest information, please check one of these two places after 11am on Thursday, December 24:
- Call the office phone number and listen to the voice message: (414) 933-7004.
- Check for a “Christmas Eve Worship” button on the webpage: www.redeemermilwaukee.org.
A very special Christmas Eve YouTube Worship video will be available on the website as well.
Christmas Day at 10am join us for ZOOM worship and an opportunity to see and say “Merry Christmas” to one another. (We’ve come a long way with ZOOM, so try it again if you’ve gone off for awhile).
THIS WEEKEND: Another incredible “Redeemer Lives” podcast with guest Jeff Bray. We talk together about our week of ministry in the aftermath of Johnny Smith’s death on our east steps: “Music in Response to Murder” will be available Sunday on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and by direct link from the website. I noticed only about 20 have seen last week’s YouTube worship service, so please know that remains available for your weekend worship.
Please keep sending your photos holding candles to: email@example.com. So far we have a grand total of ONE, so . . .
I can hardly wait to share the hope that Jesus brings again this year at Christmas!
With gratitude for all your birthday greetings yesterday,