Giving: An Overview
God has blessed Redeemer always, and the form of blessing in the last decade has been in growth of the people and a positive culture of community both within and outside the church walls. That’s tremendous. In these years, we have emphasized service, connection, learning and worship. Giving as a key part of our relationship with God? Not much about that. I want to touch on that in the next several weeks by going a bit deeper on each of these points:
- Giving flows from your relationship with God.
- Giving is in proportion to your resources of money, time and talent.
- Giving is regular. (Did you know that the Donate button on our website www.redeemermilwaukee.org links to PayPal and allows you to make a regular donation each week, month, etc.?)
- Giving may include extra opportunities to stretch.
- Giving to additional causes is great.
- Giving satisfies a deep spiritual hunger.
I look forward to sharing more on each of these points, but as pastor I don’t want to be the only one speaking about generosity. Many of you have moving stories of what giving--and receiving--has meant in your life. Sharing those stories will be important as we prepare for awesome challenges ahead that may include needed upgrades to “our hive” and growing our discipleship and connection.
Peace in Christ--can’t wait to see many of you on the 14th!
PS: I am fully vaccinated and encourage all to take the vaccine when it is available to you.