ArLiSNAP and VREPS (Visual Resources Emerging Professionals and Students) are joining forces to host a virtual conference this winter! The conference is titled "Visualizing the Future: New Perspectives in Art Librarianship", and will take place on the afternoon of Saturday, January 17th, 2015. You can now submit propsals at the top of the ArLiSNAP webpage.
Articles this Week
- Two Weeks Left to Submit Your Proposal for our Virtual Conference! Read here
- Upcoming #AskAnArtLibrarian Twitter Chat! Read here
- Chapter News: ARLIS/NA NW Chapter Meeting & Travel Award Winner Read here
- A warm welcome to Hannah Marshall, our new Feature Writer/Discussion Liaison! Read here
- Digital stewardship and art librarianship Read here
New Job Postings
- Imaging Services Specialist, the Menil Collection, Houston, TX
- Library Services Assistant (Video), DHX Media, Toronto, ON
- Digital Content Creator (Archaeology), Museum of Ontario Archaeology, London, ON
- Archivist / Curator / Lecturer, Arizona State University
- Photography Curator / Archivist, the Mariner’s Museum, Newport, VA
- AV Archivist, Smithsonian Institution Archives of American Art, Washington
- Manager of Collection Information/Digital Media, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, NY, NY
- Technical Services & Systems Librarian, The Bard Graduate Center, Bard College, NY, NY
- Digital Assets Manager, Portland Art Museum, Portland, OR
- Inventory Coordinator, Kentucky Historical Society, Frankfort, KY
- P/T Librarian– Art and Architecture Library, New York Institute of Technology
- Associate Collection Information Specialist– The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Associate Collection Information Manager– The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Digital Assets Specialist for Time Based Media– The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Visual Resource Specialist– California State University, San Bernardino
- Visual Resource Curator– Fordham University (position # A05175)
- Temporary Digital Imaging Technician– Luna Imaging
- Research Resources Assistant– The Whitney Museum of American Art
- Acquisitions and Cataloging Assistant– The Frick Art Reference Library
- Photo Archives and Digital Asset Management Intern, Spring 2015– The Bronx Zoo
- Archives internship, Spring 2015– The Frick Art Reference Library Archives
- Liaison Librarian (Digitization Project), University of New Brunswick, Saint John, NB
- Binding / Processing Assistant, Carleton University, Ottawa
- Marketing and Graphic Design Associate, the Textile Museum of Canada, Toronto
- Learning Zone Intern, OCAD University, Toronto
- Director, Xpace Cultural Centre, Toronto
- Archiviste Visuel, TFO Media Group, Toronto
Deadline for Application: Carnegie-Whitney Grant
07-08.Nov.2014, Seattle (USA)
ARLIS/NA NW Chapter Meeting
#AskAnArtLibrarian Twitter Chat
Deadline for expressions of interest in Archivaria’s 40th Anniversary issue (Association of Canadian Archivists) Call for Papers
Deadline for Proposals: ArLiSNAP & VREPS, "Visualizing the Future: New Perspectives in Art Librarianship"
Proposals due: The 2015 Gerd Muehsam Award
27.Dec.2014, New York (USA)
ARLIS/NY Fall Business Meeting
ArLiSNAP & VREPS Virtual Conference, "Visualizing the Future: New Perspectives in Art Librarianship"
Hannah will be ArLiSNAP's newest Feature Writer/Discussion Liasion. She has a B.A. in art history and completed her MLIS at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign in Spring 2012. Hannah is the Metadata Librarian for Image Collections at Cornell University. In the past, she has worked in UC Irvine’s University Art Gallery, the San Diego Museum of Art Library, the Ricker Library of Architecture and Art, and the UIUC’s Visual Resource Center. She has additional experience working in an artist’s studio and in digital publishing. Welcome, Hannah!
Want to be featured?
Send a 177 x 177 pixel image of yourself with a brief description of what you want to highlight in your feature to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any ideas about how to improve the ArLiSNAP Newsletter are welcome! Contribute here