ArLiSNAP and VREPS (Visual Resources Emerging Professionals and Students) are joining forces to host a virtual conference this winter! The conference is titled "Visualizing the Future: New Perspectives in Art Librarianship", and will take place on the afternoon of Saturday, January 17th, 2015. Check our blog to view the various topics to be discussed and information on how to get involved.
- Art, Cultural Heritage, and Law Contribute here
- Information and Visual Literacy, Academic Rigor, and Professional Skepticism: some conference cogitations Contribute here
Articles this Week
- Chapter Meeting: ARLIS/NA Southeast Chapter Annual Conference Read here
- Submit your proposal for the ArLiSNAP/VREPS Virtual Conference! Read here
- Library Journal 2014 salary survey results Read here
- Profile: Sheila Cork, Art Librarian at the New Orleans Museum of Art Read here
New Job Postings
- Library Technician (Conservation) — Smithsonian
- Assistant Archivist– Tiffany & Co.
- Summer internships– Nation Gallery of Art
- Associate Manager for Technical Services — Thomas J. Watson Library, The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- PT Library Receptionist– The Frick Art Reference Library
- Metadata and Cataloging Specialist– Pratt Institute
- Reference Librarian– Savannah College of Art and Design
- Curator, Historic O’Keefe Ranch, Vernon, BC
- Editorial Assistant, Historica Canada, Toronto
- Festival Curator, Subtle Technologies, Toronto
- Curatorial Research Assistant, the Gardiner Museum, Toronto
- Digital Archivist (Visual Resources), Wisconsin Veteran’s Museum, Madison
- Archivist (Documents and Photographs), Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage, Smithsonian, Washington
- Archivist (Correspondence, Photographs, and Architectural Drawings), Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, Miami
- Digital Asset Specialist, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, NYC
Deadline for Application: Carnegie-Whitney Grant
Deadline for expressions of interest in Archivaria’s 40th Anniversary issue (Association of Canadian Archivists) Call for Papers
Deadline for Proposals: ArLiSNAP & VREPS, "Visualizing the Future: New Perspectives in Art Librarianship"
Proposals due: The 2015 Gerd Muehsam Award
ArLiSNAP & VREPS Virtual Conference, "Visualizing the Future: New Perspectives in Art Librarianship"
Arielle is ArLiSNAP's newest Feature Writer/Discussion Liaison! She received her Master’s degree in Library Science with a concentration in Special Libraries as well as an advanced certificate in Archives from Pratt Institute this past May. She has worked in a variety of library settings, including the Pace Law School Library, the library at Marvel Comics, the ABC No Rio Zine Library, and the Gagosian Gallery in New York City. Welcome, Arielle!
Want to be featured?
Send a 177 x 177 pixel image of yourself with a brief description of what you want to highlight in your feature to email@example.com.
Any ideas about how to improve the ArLiSNAP Newsletter are welcome! Contribute here