The new NMHPV Health and Wellbeing Toolkit contains free resources for nurses, midwives and nursing/midwifery students to support your health, wellbeing and self-care.
We invite you to take this Self-Care Survey to develop your own Self-Care Plan. It only takes a few minutes and it will help you to monitor and focus on your health and wellbeing goals and intentions.
You can access the Resource Toolkit which has a wide range of resource links that may assist you in improving and maintaining your health and wellbeing. Some of the topics address:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people's health (including CATSINaM resources)
- Alcohol & other drugs (AOD)
- COVID-19 (coronavirus)
- Domestic & family violence
- Men's health
- Mental & emotional (including anxiety, burnout, self-care, etc.)
- Physical (including breathing, nutrition, sleep, etc.)
- Women’s health
- & many more...
You can even download the A4 Health & Wellbeing Poster to share with your nursing and midwifery colleagues and display it at your health service.
The purpose of this Health and Wellbeing Toolkit is to:
- support your health and wellbeing,
- promote the importance of health and wellbeing for nurses and midwives,
- compliment staff health and wellbeing programs provided by health services,
- provide nurses and midwives with self-care strategies and resources.
This toolkit is an initiative of the NMHPV Health and Wellbeing Promotion Program Pilot, with input from an Expert Advisory Committee, and was funded by the Department of Health and Human Services, Victoria. We gratefully acknowledge Ausmed for its assistance in developing these resources.