Their role is to assist the Connectathon Manager oversee testing, plus some specific actions:
- Deploying their specialist expertise in an IHE Domain or set of IHE Profiles.
- Verifying test results, recording them in the Gazelle management system.
- Clarifying technical or provider requirements, when necessary.
- Supporting the Connectathon process, working with participants towards positive outcomes.
- As a neutral arbiter with no organisational affiliation with those participating.
- Assisting, sometimes leading, Tours of the Connectathon floor for VIP parties – for further information on VIP Tours.
Lynn Felhofer, US IHE Connectathon and Technical Project Manager for Radiology & IT Infrastructure Domains – commented at the IHE-Europe Connectathon 2014 that she could look at things more objectively as a Europe monitor and found it a great plus that all companies had the chance to improve the quality of their software and problem solve with fellow vendors.