From the President's desk
Welcome back to Zonta for the countdown to the end of the Zonta year - our AGM is in May, so only three more months!
Attending the dinner meeting each month - how may members think that is the most important thing about being in Zonta? While that is a key part, the most important things in Zonta actually happen in COMMITTEE MEETINGS. We are not a networking group - we are a SERVICE organisation.
A club of our size - we are now number 64 of some of the finest practitioners in their fields - cannot function efficiently by using our dinner meetings for discussion and planning. That must be done in committees. There is fine work being done in our committees:
- Service (Lyn Agnew)
- Membership (Nerida Cooksley)
- Fundraising (Genevieve Gray)
- Advocacy (Jane Keating)
- Fellowship (Julie Mannion)
- Communication (Amanda Stoker)
- Parliamentarian (Joan Godfrey)
- Historian (Ailsa Gillies)
If you have not attended a committee meeting this year then your membership is falling below the standard required.
Sad to say, too much is left to a small band of members who turn out for everything - they are carrying the club! It is not sustainable.
Let's all make a vow for the next 12 months, to:
- Join a committee,
- contribute to the planning,
- attend a function,
- and rope in friends and family when Zonta needs support
- oh ! and come to the dinner meetings whenever you can!
I look forward with warm anticipation to welcoming each and every one of you back to Zonta next week.