Several people have asked for details about the Winter Gathering. Well, here they are, along with a few other tidbits of SA permie news.
PLEASE JOIN US in Winter Celebrations
The Permaculture Association of South Australia are having a gathering @ Myponga
@ Kamilah and Pedro's Rowley Famlet
Corner Pages Flat Rd & Old Sellicks Hill Rd, Myponga
3km off Main South Rd, 60km south of city
If wet weather occurs the Farm has a Large Shed to respite in!
- 10:30 - Morning Tea and Meet n Great
- 11am Start First Workshop - Permaculture Orchard Management - Tour of orchard, and identifying activities that need to occur, such as; re-digging swales , organic weed control, nurse trees etc.
- 1pm - Lunch and Local Group Share n Chat - (OPTION FOR Local Grow Co and Seed Freedom )
- 2pm - Seed Saving and Sharing - Bring your abundant seeds, ready for spring. Learn how to grow, harvest, store and plant.
- 3pm - Orchard management 2 - Chopping nitrogen rich trees, Acacia Nurse trees, make way for growing fruit trees. OR continue with swale re-digging or moving weed matting & seeding up cleared space.
- 4pm - Open Space for activities of groups choice, music, movies, creative endeavours, workshops
Fire and Camping available BUT numbers limited (please call pedro beforehand to confirm), own dinner/tent/swag/bedding needed.
Camping is also available at two caravan parks in Normanville, about 15 minutes away by car.
- Warm and weather proof clothes
- Food n Drink to share
- Seeds/Cuttings if you have any
- Friends and Family and kids
Contact Chris Day for more details: email@example.com or 0402222480
or Pedro 0415394801
Coke is Safe but Raw Milk Isn't (!?)
Our right to provide for ourselves and our community is threatened by 'industrial orthodoxy' says this interesting and provocative new article from the Food Sovereignty Alliance
"In response to a regulatory environment that says Coca Cola is safe but raw milk is dangerous, over 40 Australian farmers, chefs, providores and assorted supporters, journalists and academics came together to discuss the potential for an Australian organisation similar to the American Farm to Consumer Defence Fund."
Also an article by Russ Grayson about the annual gathering of the Australian City Farms & Commuity Gardens Network at Fern Avenue Community Garden, a venue many of us know well!
Free Booklet on Growing Your Own
A new booklet '221 Tips & Tricks from Master Gardeners' is available free until June 1 (Monday!) when it will be released on Amazon.
Unfuck the World Day
Makes me chuckle and nod every time, 13 June http://www.utwday.org/
Hope to catch lots of you at the gathering!