Herb-Roasted Multi-Color Carrots
Servings: 8 | Prep Time: 40 Minutes
- 2 pounds carrots, trimmed, peeled, and cut on the diagonal into 1/2-inch pieces (I used tri-colored carrots but you can use all orange)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 2 to 3 teaspoons fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, optional
- Preheat oven to 450F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easier cleanup.
- Add the carrots to the baking sheet, evenly drizzle with olive oil, and evenly sprinkle with thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper, and toss with your hands to evenly coat. Arrange the carrots in a flat layer with space between the pieces if possible and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes or until carrots are lightly caramelized around the edges and fork-tender. Baking times will vary based on the size of carrots and personal preference for doneness. Stir and flip halfway through baking to ensure all sides cook evenly.
- Evenly sprinkle with parsley, evenly drizzle with optional lemon juice (brights up the dish), and serve immediately. Carrots are best warm and fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.