1. A good biographical photo is like business card on a visual level - a quick, easy way to establish a connection with potential buyers. You absolutely need one on your blog and/or website.
2. When having your photo taken, try not to interfere with the technical decisions that the photographer is making. It’s important for you to feel relaxed.
3. A good portrait photo should provide the viewer with an insight into the subject’s inner universe. This can be reflected in his or her surroundings and in the general mood of the photo.
4. If you have a studio, try to have your photo taken there - perhaps while working - as this may provide the viewer with an insight into your character as well as the nature of your work.
5. When choosing your biographical photograph, look for one that is graphic, has meaning and is telling. Also important are strong lines, light and framing. Your aim is to get the viewer interested and make them want to know more about you.
Have a great week everyone. You'll receive your next unit on February 3rd ! :-)