Please pray for us on June 19, 2014
We know that many of you pray for us throughout the year, and we appreciate that. We have again designated a special day of day of prayer and fasting for us and for our ministry.
Last year, on May 13, 2013, we asked for concentrated prayer about our direction after some circumstances left us with major concerns. After that, we received some encouraging emails from our partners. Through you, the Lord confirmed that we were not on Maui by accident, but that He had a plan for us. Now, Michael works remotely with the Digital Bible Society (about 80% of the time) and other organizations doing electronic Scripture publishing. Lori is a substitute teacher in the public schools and also does some volunteer teaching with the University of the Nations (YWAM).
We are thankful to you who prayed with us, and especially thankful to our Father in Heaven who answered our prayers. Specifically, we invite you to thank God with us for:
This year on the June 19th, we are not in dire circumstances (like last year), but we still need prayer. Please pray with us for:
- Faithful partners in ministry! Many of you have been with us for years.
- Much-needed provision for both living expenses and ministry expenses.
- Progress made in Scripture publishing, including new formats and an increase to 569 freely redistributable Scripture translations now online at eBible.org/study and other sites.
- Progress on the World English Bible
If you get a Scripture or impression from the Lord for us, please send us an email or call us.
- Clarity concerning the possibility of owning a home: yes or no, if so when, where, and how? Isaiah 30:21
- That Rachel thrives spiritually and academically as she begins a new school year at Doris Todd Christian Academy. Proverbs 3:1-4
- Sensitivity to the Holy Spirit's leading: For Lori, which overseas teaching invitations she should accept. For Michael, which meetings and ministry opportunities he should accept. Romans 8:14
- Continued provision for both ministry and living expenses. 2 Corinthians 9:8
- Guidance and blessing for our adult children, Nate, Ben & Naomi, and Evan. Psalm 32:8, Deuteronomy 4:29