A service provided by AARP Foundation offers free tax
preparation help with special attention to those 50 and over.
Mission to help low to moderate-income persons of Garland County.
All volunteers are trained and certified by the IRS.
Covid-19 minimum contact requires scanning your tax documents to
secure cloud storage
Monday & Wednesday Scan 10-2 pm
No returns will be completed then
Failure to bring everything will stop the process.
Must Do prior to counselor scanning appointment:
· Fill out intake/interview & quality review sheet pages 1,2, & 3.
· Review and sign Consent to Disclose Tax Return Info to other sites.
· Fill out and sign page 3 of Form 14446 Virtual VITA/TCE Taxpayer Consent.
· If Married Filing Jointly (MFJ) both Tax Payers (TP) must sign this form.
Information you must bring to get your tax return prepared
· Government-issued photo IDs of each taxpayer. TP and Spouse if MFJ.
· Social security cards for every individual on your return.
· Checking or savings account number and routing number if you want direct deposit.
· Identity Protection PIN (IP PIN) for each, if applicable.
Income/Adjustment/Deductions/Credits/Payments/Health Insurance Documents
· W-2 from each employer
· 1099-G Unemployment Compensation
· SSA-1099-Social Security Benefits
· 1099-Interest, 1099-Dividends, 1099-B Brokerage, 1099-R Pension/Annuity/IRA distro,
· Documentation of other income earned or received
Adjustments and Deductions
· IRA Contributions, Educator Expenses, Cash to Charities, HSA contributions, Alimony Paid or Received.
· 1098-T Tuition Paid, 1098-E Student Loan Interest Paid.
· Dependent Child Care information.
· Payments of any estimated taxes paid for 2020.
· Health Insurance form 1095-A if you have Marketplace (Obama Care).
* A copy of last year’s return is always helpful.