Patrons of the Garland County Library can literally check out the Mid-America Science Museum when they visit the library. The museum is providing the library with two family memberships that can be checked out at no cost by visiting the Garland County Library located at 1427 Malvern Ave. in Hot Springs.
“We are excited to partner with the library and offer free admission to the Museum for library patrons. We are hoping this will give more local families the opportunity to visit the museum and take advantage of the unique educational activities we offer,” said Diane LaFollette, Mid-America Executive Director.
Here are the details:
- At least one family member must have a Garland County Library card
- The passes are searchable on the library's website under "Museum Pass" (www.gclibrary.com) or may be reserved in person at the library
- If the passes are checked out, you can place yourself in line for the next available pass
- Only one pass may be checked out per household
- Passes will need to be returned to the library within three weeks of when they are checked out
- Patrons are asked to return the passes to the library after their visit to accommodate the next patron waiting
"We are very excited to partner with Mid-America Science Museum to circulate family passes, said Adam Webb, the library’s director. “We’ve always had a good partnership with the museum and this collaboration will help extend the museum's reach in our community while also providing added value to your Garland County Library card."
For more information contact the Garland County Library, (501) 623-4161/www.gclibrary.com or Mid-America Science Museum, (501)767-3461/www.midamericamuseum.org.
Click here to reserve a family pass.