Please click on the blue underlined text for more information
- HelpingMinds Events & Activities
- HelpingMinds Jobs & Staff Updates
- COPMI Events & Activities
- General Information
HelpingMinds Events & Activities
- Family Connections is a 12 week psych – education group specifically for family and friends of someone with BPD. The program was developed in the USA & HelpingMinds facilitated the first Family Connections group in WA this September, this was the 2nd group held nationally.
- NDIS Services we are now registered to provide services in the Perth Hills and Cockburn/Kwinana NDIS Trial Site Areas. HelpingMinds can assist with free NDIS application guidance, mentoring, peer support, respite and recreation programs.
- Recovering Our Families is an 8 week online education and support program available for families and carers of someone with a mental illness.
- Department of the Premier and Cabinet raised $249.67 on their chosen charity day and donated it to HelpingMinds. A big thank you to the department and staff for their generosity and recognition of our services.
HelpingMinds Jobs & Staff Updates
- Rural & Remote Drought Assistance Counsellor - this week we welcomed Maxine Santich who will be providing DSS Funded drought assistance counselling and community mental health support in the the shires of Dandaragan, Carnamah, and Coorow. Maxine has extensive experience in a rural counselling role, and she will be a great asset to the rural team.
- Marketing & Communications Manager (Part Time – 30.4 hrs per week) We are seeking an experienced and motivated Marketing professional to join our friendly team. Applications Close Monday 14th December 9:00am
COPMI (Children of Parents with a Mental Illness), Events & Activities
The Government is proposing a “Stepped Care” approach to mental health recognising the increasing access and intensity needs for millions of Australians who live with mental illness every year, depending on their individual requirements. The planned approach is to provide personal tailored care and early intervention to those with a mental illness managed by specific regions through Primary Health Networks
For the first time, Australians with a severe and complex mental illness will have access to an integrated care package tailored to their individual needs, as part of broad, bold reforms to be unveiled by the Turnbull Government today.
Australians suffering mental health issues will only have to dial one dedicated phone number to immediately access the help they need under a bold new Turnbull Government reform plan to be announced today.
Today the Turnbull Government releases its response to the National Mental Health Commission’s Review of Mental Health Programme and Services.
The package allows the user to choose how much information they would like to read depending on their personal circumstances.The module is also much more interactive in nature than the clinician’s module.
The National Mental Health Commission’s Review of Mental Health Programmes and Services (the Review) was completed in 2014. The Mental Health Expert Reference Group (ERG) was established as a time limited body to provide the Department of Health with expert advice to inform the development and implementation of the Government’s response to the Review.
SWAP forums which are held in Rockingham are an opportunity for a mix of community groups and agencies to discuss the plight of the homeless in the hope of continuing to build networks and spread the word to help people who find themselves in this unfortunate position. Take a look at their face book page