In The Middle: War, Fear And Legalism
Hump Day - Day Of Prayer For The Muslim World Vol. 127
"He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD." Psalm 40:2-3
Today's newsletter is adapted from the "Praying Through the Arab Peninsula" (PTAP) website. A special thanks to our friends, Jared and Joelle.
Dreams Of Jesus
She had 3 dreams of Jesus over a few months in 2019. In each dream, while standing beside her sister, she saw Jesus standing between earth and sky stretching arms out like a cross.
She asked her sister: "Who is it?"
Her sister said: "He is Christ!"
She is Khawlan.
Khawlan People - Who Are They?
Khawlan People - Where Do They Live?
- Population of 400,000
- Consist of 30 tribes and many sub tribes
- Most are farmers, and they love poetry and song
Khawlan People - Religion
- Live in the Sarawat Mountains along the border of Yemen & Saudi Arabia
- Live in close proximity of the Houthis - the Iranian backed rebels who initiated the civil war in Yemen
Khawlan People And The Civil War
- Were polytheistic for hundreds of years
- Were afraid of evil spirit and sought to appease them
- Now Wahhabi Sunni Muslims (ultra conservative), but still heavily influenced by their fear of spirits and Jinn of Islam
- Their brand Islam created a deep bondage to legalism
- There are very few Khawlan followers of Jesus in the world
- The border between Yemen and Saudi Arabia has always been open, and the Khawlan could travel between countries to see family, conduct business and farm. However...
- The border is now locked down
- Khawlan families have now been forced to relocate
Yemen Gets Humanitarian Aid
- Pray the LORD will send more dreams and visions of Jesus to the Khawlan people that would start them on a journey to salvation
- Pray the light of Jesus will shine brightly into the lives of the Khawlan. May the LORD lift them out of the pit, set them on a rock and put a song of salvation in their mouths (John 1:4-5 & Psalm 40:2-3)
- Pray for the bondage of fear and legalism be broken in the lives of the Khawlan (II Timothy 1:7)
- Though Arabic is the official language, Khawlaniya is the "heart" language of the Khawlan people. Pray for Bible translation in that language
- Pray for the uprooted Khawlan people - they have been moved so they can know Jesus (Acts 17:26-27)
According to a NY Times article dated Feb. 3, 2020, after 3 years of a Saudi air and sea blockade and 18 months of negotiations, some humanitarian aid came to Yemen! Seven Yemenis in desperate need of medical care were air lifted to Jordan, and twenty three more were scheduled to be flown to Jordan or Egypt a few days later. This is an encouraging step toward the civil war coming to an end! Let us continue to pray toward that goal.
Here is a link to the article:
We praise God for your faithfulness in prayer. We are grateful for your sacrifice in intercession!
Dream so big only Jesus can make it happen!
Jay & Marsha Crenshaw
Directors Muslim Outreach USA/MECANA