A Boxer And The Salafist Movement in Germany
Hump Day - Day Of Prayer For The Muslim World Vol. 146
"Not every Salafist is a terrorist, but almost every terrorist has been a Salafist."
Two weeks ago, in the Vol. 144 Hump Day prayer newsletter, we discussed the Salafist Movement's origins and effects. Today we look at the movement in Germany - a movement well funded by Saudi Arabia and Qatar.
A Boxer And Leading German Converts
You might be surprised to know that the man (pictured at the top of the newsletter) is the primary leader of the Salafist Movement in Germany. He is a former undefeated German boxer who converted to Islam and was once described as a rep for the "dark Nazi variant" of Islam in Germany.
The other two German converts (pictured below) are outspoken leaders of the Salafist Movement too.
Banned From Qur'an Distribution
In 2016, the German Ministry of the Interior banned the Salafist organization called "The True Religion" from distributing Qur'ans on the streets of Germany (see picture below). Why?
- Incompatibility with the constitution and democracy
- Incompatibility with the rule of law and political order
- Advocacy of armed Jihad and recruiting German Muslims to fight with jihadis in Syria and Iraq
Salafist Movement By The Numbers In Germany
Though growth has slowed some since becoming less public in 2016, Salafists are still considered very dangerous in Germany.
How The German Salafist Movement Continues To Grow
- From 2011 to 2017 the Salafist Movement grew from 3,800 to almost 11,000 members
- In 2016, there were 55 Salafist mosques in Germany. As of Aug. 2019, there were an estimated 70 Salafist mosques in one German state alone!
- 1/3 of German Salafists who went to join jihadis in Syria and Iraq were women!
- Pierre Vogel's preaching and lecturing on YouTube and Facebook
- Use of WhatsApp & telegram channels media
- Recruiting Muslims in German prisons (gifts, personal visits, etc.)
- Recruitment of disenchanted youth looking for identity
- Pray for bold witnesses for Jesus to be sent among German Salafists
- Pray for Germans (both male and female) being recruited by Salafists to find true identity and salvation in Jesus
- Pray for wisdom for German government officials seeking to keep the Salafist Movement in check.
The 30 day evangelistic Yemen campaign begins tomorrow, July 9 and runs through Aug. 9 using "The Adha of the Injeel" video. Please pray:
Blessings to each of you for praying with us today! We are grateful for the Body of Christ and your intercession. Thank you!
- Networks work properly
- Salvation of Yemeni souls and many digital Bibles to be downloaded
- Disciple making movements to begin
- Pray it works so well that we can fund and extend the campaign another 60 days
Dream so big only Jesus can make it happen!
Jay & Marsha Crenshaw
Directors Muslim Outreach USA/MECANA