Is Pakistan Becoming Two Countries?
Hump Day - Day of Prayer for the Muslim World Vol. 234
Like many Afghans seeking to flee Afghanistan after the Taliban's takeover, Hawa set her eyes on Pakistan as her immediate destination. She and her sisters were women's rights activists, and Hawa was a TV personality. That made them all likely targets of the Taliban!
But if Hawa and her sisters made it into Pakistan through Pakistan's northwestern border, what would they find? Here is what is going on in Pakistan now.
The TTP - Who Are They?
Tehreek-e-Taliban-e-Pakistan (TTP) is a group that has been labeled an internationally designated terrorist organization that poses threats beyond Pakistan - including the United States among others. The organization was founded in 2007, and its present leader is Noor Wali Mehsud who has declared allegiance to the Afghan Taliban. It is estimated that the TTP has between 7,000 - 10,000 fighters
The TTP seems to have been energized with the Taliban’s takeover in Afghanistan and looks stronger than before, as they have increased attacks against the Pakistan military and border guards since a cease fire with the Pakistan government ended in November 2022. So far, these attacks have focused on both Pakistan's northwestern and southwestern borders.
TPP and Extreme Ideology
The Afghan Taliban carries out public executions and floggings, the shutdown of schools, bans women from schools and makes women wear the burqa, yet the TTP sees the Afghan Taliban as "liberal." What would they do if THEY were in charge?
What Has the TTP Done Lately?
The TTP wants to establish a strong political hold through armed struggle,and the enforcement of Sharia laws. As a result, the TTP recently declared its own government in all of northern Afghanistan! In fact, they have formed various ministries for education, economic affairs, judiciary, military, etc.! The TTP wants to take over Pakistan as the Taliban did in Afghanistan!
The Pakistan Government
The Pakistan government appears to be close to meltdown! Why?
- The Pakistan economy is in complete shambles. Jobs are scarce - particularly for Afghans who have made it to Pakistan.
- Heavy flooding devastated over 1/3 of the country throughout the fall of 2022
- Proxy wars within the nation are tearing the country apart and keeping the Pakistan military busy throughout the nation. As an example, the TTP has recently teamed up with Baloch separatists in southwestern Pakistan.
The TTP wants to take over Pakistan as the Taliban did in Afghanistan! That is their aim!
- Pray for the people of Pakistan. Pray for a Holy Spirit awakening! It is 98% Muslim with over 232 million considered unreached. Percentages of Jesus followers in Pakistan are unknown.
- Pray for the Pakistani government in dealing with so many issues. Pray for unity in the government.
- Pray for Noor Wali Mehsud the leader of the TTP. May he find Christ! Pray for salvations to take place among the TTP.
- Pray for the few believers and churches in Pakistan. May the LORD give them wisdom and protection.
Links to another source used today:
Thanks for praying with us today! May the LORD bless you!
Jay & Marsha Crenshaw
Strategy Coordinators MECANA/USA