New Life And A Hope Filled Future
"We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure." Hebrews 6:19
Hope. What a great word! Especially in the Greek language of the New Testament!
In English, the word "hope" is not something certain. When it is used, "hope" seems like something that may or may not happen.
But in the New Testament, the Greek word for "hope" is not something questionable. It carries the idea of an expectation, as it's an absolute certainty!
Why? Because Jesus not only provides peace for the soul, but HE is the anchor for the soul -- OUR HOPE - both firm and secure!
With the corona virus not going away and lawlessness and unrighteousness running amok, the world needs hope! Unquestionably - hope is found in Jesus!
May you be encouraged and filled with hope today!
What's Happening And What's Happened?
Prayers For A Hope Filled Future
We don't ask this often, but these next two "hope filled" Kingdom outreaches require much prayer. Would you please place these requests somewhere so you can pray each day for them?
- Humanitarian Aid To Afghanistan
Starting today, June 29, for at least 3 days, some believers on the ground will be purchasing and distributing food to some families in Afghanistan. The corona virus has food prices skyrocketing, and many people are struggling to eat. Generous donations to Fearless Love have enabled this to happen.
Please pray for open doors and demonstrations of the Spirit's power over the next 3 days.
From July 9 - Aug. 9, we are conducting an evangelistic campaign in Yemen. The campaign will allow for:
- Viewing the Arabic version of "The Adha of the Injeel" video
- Downloading of a digital Bible
- Opportunity to learn more about Jesus
- Opportunity to be trained and discipled
Starting today, we are humbly asking for your prayers for the campaign at least through Aug. 9. Would you consider fasting some during this time? Yemen is desperate! (see Hump Day newsletter dated May 13, 2020)
I Have Been Set Free!
"I have been set free!" Those were the words that came from the mouths of two new believers - proof positive of John 8:36! Both of these MBB women come from the Fearless Love refugee outreach.
1. One is a young lady from Afghanistan, and she is doing weekly Bible study with Marsha and a few other women.
In the picture below with Marsha, she received a journal for her new Bible study. Marsha inquired about her mother, and the new believer stated that her mom was asleep - it was Ramadan. Then this new believer declared:
"I don't do that anymore! I am free!"
2. The second young lady is from the Middle East (see baptism photo below). She had been open to Christ while sitting in on some gospel conversations with her family over the last 4 1/2 years. She began going to church and found Jesus there! Some plant and some water... BUT GOD gives the increase!
On Tuesday night, May 19, Fearless Love hosted a prayer meeting on the "Night Of Power" during Ramadan.
For both of these ladies - no more hijabs! No more rules! They are free!
Please pray for them - for their spiritual growth and that, through them, their families would find our Jesus.
Night Of Power Prayer Meeting
We had a great group of prayer warriors join in intercession, and if you missed it, there were many heartfelt prayers offered up to the LORD! We are so grateful for all who attended this "virtual" prayer meeting via ZOOM!
With prayers offered for Muslims all over the world, we don't always hear how the LORD responds to our prayers. But this we do know - salvations and healings have already taken place in the Muslim world since shortly after the prayer meeting. Praise to our King!
The Value Of A Team - Refugee Outreach
Praise God for the Fearless Love team during this pandemic! With masks on and sanitizer handy, here are some highlights of what the team has done:
- One team member, an artist, painted some paintings for people to purchase. People paid whatever they wanted knowing their purchase would provide financial assistance to refugees. Multiple families received help as a result!
- Some team members took refugees to lunch or had them over for dinner
- Food was delivered to well over 100 Muslim families during Ramadan
- Shared stories during Ramadan regarding what Jesus said about prayer and giving through the story of the Widow's Mite.
- Financial aid for rent, medical and utility bills through the offerings of many generous donors during this difficult time. Some donated their stimulus checks!
- Assisted in job searches and filing for unemployment for families
Central Asian Believers Update
We have mentioned since earlier in the year the young believers from a Central Asian country. Here is a quick update:
- Communication is almost daily, as discipleship continues each week.
- The numbers have grown to almost 20 believers. More and more we hear of others wanting to learn more about Jesus.
- Networks don't always work well, so it is a great blessing to get a decent video conversation and pray together. Thankful for those times!
Young Believers Trained
Four young believers have recently been trained in developing small groups using the 3 Thirds Method. The group consisted of a Russian born woman who just returned home to Pennsylvania, a UTD student from China and a "just married" couple. All of them have hearts for the Muslim people, as they have been active in our outreaches to refugees.
Thank you so much for being faithful to pray, to participate, and for your financial support. This ministry thrives because of you, and lives are being touched all over the world as a result! We thank the LORD every day for you!
As we have stated before, "if we reach them here, we will reach them there."
Dream so big only Jesus can make it happen!
Jay & Marsha Crenshaw
Directors Muslim Outreach USA/MECANA