"Islam Belongs To Germany"
Hump Day - Day Of Prayer For The Muslim World Vol. 147
"O LORD Almighty, God of Israel, enthroned between the cherubim, you alone are God over all the kingdoms of the earth." Isaiah 37:16
"Islam belongs to Germany." Such were the words of German Chancellor Angela Merkel in response to the opposing voices against the influx of Muslims into their nation.
The current debate around Islam in Germany reveals that Germany has not yet made up its mind as to whether it is ready to embrace that fact that their country has become a nation of destination for migrating Muslims from around the world. Though Chancellor Merkel and supporters have accepted them, many Germans have not. Tension exists.
Fast Facts On German Muslim Population
- 5 Million+ Muslim population in Germany
- Germany has 2nd largest Muslim population behind France in Europe (Pew Research)
- From 2010-2016 Muslim population grew from 4.1% of German population to 6.1%
Why The Explosive Growth Of Muslim Population In Germany?
- Refugees / immigration
- Younger age of Muslims with much higher birth rate
Why Germany Is A Possible "Ticking Time Bomb"
- Disagreement among government leaders about Germany's increase in Muslim numbers
- Ban imposed on Turkish and Salafist street preachers in 2016
- Germany has averaged approximately 900 attacks per year upon the Muslim community from 2017-2019
- Hatred of Muslims by far right neo- Nazis
Prayer Needs (JF=Jesus Followers)
- Pray for gospel laborers to be sent among Muslim migrants in Germany - especially the Turks (see figures #3 below)
- Pray for the gospel laborers already laboring among Muslim refugees - this would include e3 Partners' teams.
- Pray for salvation of Muslims - particularly these groups: Turks - 3 million & 0.00% JF; Kurds - 546,000 & 0.05% JF; Algerian - 232,000 & 0.2% JF; Syrian - 121,000 & 0.1% JF; Pashtun - 39,000 & 0.00% JF; Zaza - 31,000 & 0.0% JF
- Pray for wisdom and peace among German government leaders