At the close of 2016, I want to thank you for supporting of Stocks in the Future. Because of your love and compassion for underserved youth, we celebrate many accomplishments made throughout the year. Several of these accomplishments were mentioned in last week’s letter and accompanying SIF Annual Newsletter. It’s evident that Stocks in the Future is moving forward in a positive way! Students are thriving and SIF teachers are our super heroes as they discover together the power of financial literacy! This forward motion is propelled by great leadership specifically board and staff members. Let’s take a glance of what kind dynamos make up this team.
Numbers Don’t Lie!
- During the 2016 Baltimore SIF Running Festival, board members worked hard to up the number of race participants from last year by 80% & the amount of donations by 30%.
- March Market Madness, our signature event percentages look just as good; Ticket sales went up 156% and revenue increased 114%.
- Our 2016 #GivingTuesday (global day for giving back) campaign donations increased by over 130%.
Heart and Soul
No doubt there is value in these numbers but just as significant are people behind the numbers that make things happen. People such as yourself who understand the importance of educating youth to save money, budget and invest. Our Board of Directors, who is inspired by observing SIF classes, active in teacher training sessions and spends numerous hours participating in board and committee meetings, is our engine. Our staff, our pistons, sets things in motion. Jessica McKearin, our Development Associate is in tune to details and writes magical grant proposals. Krystal Chapman, our Program Specialist, is a ball of energy spending many hours in the field making sure SIF is up and running at its highest standard. It’s an honor and privilege to be part of this team!
Ready Set Go!
We have our heart and soul, our engine and pistons. Now we need fuel to keep us moving. We have big plans for 2017. Please consider a gift to SIF to help us with the following…
- The Baltimore City School budget crisis: there’s need to offset funds that schools can’t afford.
- SIF Website: our website needs to be updated with new graphic design and latest technology, especially where student data and investment portfolios are stored.
- New investment opportunities for students: we’d like add more stock choices for SIF students to invest in, so they can follow more companies and learn from them.
You can make this happen…
Last but not least, before we come to the close of the year, I’d like to thank two special people to SIF. Marcus Aiello, our former Board Chair who served till the end of our last fiscal year, and Nick Welsh, our current Board Chair who will serve the next two years. These two incredible leaders have certainly brought SIF to a good place! Learn more about SIF’s Board Chair, Nick Welsh in this interview.
- Join SIF’s President’s Giving Circle. With a gift of $1,000 or more, you will be invited to join a select gathering during the summer of 2017 and your name will be recognized during our 2017 March Market Madness benefit.
- Adopt a SIF school where there’s special opportunity to engage with students and teachers.
- Invite your business or corporation to sponsor this year’s March Market Madness benefit. There’s still time and several levels available to help us reach goals.
- Learn more where your SIF donations go by reading this special insert.