SPLASH PAD NEWS
This week's Splash Pad News is being published a day late in order to accommodate Kira Pascoe, the BID Co-Administrator who has been preoccupied with the break-ins and vandalism on Lakeshore over the last several days. Her Lakeshore blog reports on the merchant response which has been focused primarily on their commitment to racial justice. Her report also includes merchant updates, store closings and an upcoming special Lakeshore Avenue promotion.
In other news:
- C. J. Hirschfield writes about Oaktown Spice and its many devoted followers
- Eric Hughes shares an extensive list of music that's available online - everything from the Grateful Dead to the T Sisters to Kygo
- Ken Katz shares updates regarding Grand Avenue merchants and also the artwork of five super talented neighborhood artists
- Walter Hood talks about his Oakland Museum and Charleston International African Museum projects via Rotary Club video
- The annual Youth Poet Laureate Finals is being broadcast live on Friday. Be sure to check out the video of last year's winner, Samuel Getachew. It's incredibly timely!