Since 2015, the leadership of the 8th National Assembly has promised
Nigerians that it would operate an open, transparent and accountable legislature.
Under the umbrella of #OpenNASS
, Nigerians continue to demand for an open & accountable legislature. The 5 demands
of the #OpenNASS campaign are as follows:
1. Make public details of the 2016 and 2017 budgets of the National Assembly;
2. Replace voice voting with e-voting so citizens can track how their legislators vote;
3. Maintain a functional website and make public plenary attendance records;
4. Work with the RMAFC to review and reduce allowances of legislators;
5. Provide an audit for the N1.15 trillion ($5.75 billion) NASS received over 10 years (2005 – 2014).
The spokesperson of the 7th Senate, Enyinnaya Abaribe
(PDP, Abia State) released his payslip
in 2013. Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara
(APC, Bauchi) has now released his payslip.
Really, who payslip epp?
What are our legislators really afraid of? All we are asking is, HOW DO YOU SPEND N115 BILLION??
They think they are taking us for a ride... Elections are around the corner!!
Our legislators are currently on recess till Tuesday, April 25th. NOW
would be a great time to engage them on #OpenNASS.
Here are things you can do: