Attend the U.S. Department of Labor’s Upcoming NDEAM Event
Join the event “Building a Future that Works” with Secretary of Labor Scalia, Vint Cerf – known as one of the “Fathers of the Internet” – and more. The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) will host a virtual commemoration of the 75th annual National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM) and the 30th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). “Building a Future that Works” will take place on October 20th from 2:00-3:00 PM EST.
Jennifer Sheehy, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Labor for Disability Employment Policy, will moderate the proceedings. Featured guests include:
- Secretary of Labor, Eugene Scalia
- Vint Cerf – Internet Guru, Vice President and Chief Internet Evangelist at Google
- Rory Cooper, Ph.D. – Distinguished Professor at University of Pittsburgh
- Cathy Hackl – Futurist and Author of The Augmented Workforce
- Haley Moss – Attorney, Author, and Law Expert in Autism and Neurodiversity
- Martez Mott, Ph.D. – Postdoctoral Researcher at Microsoft Research
- Bobby Silverstein – Disability Policy Expert, Principal at Powers Pyles Sutter and Verville
The event will explore PEAT’s vision to make emerging technologies accessible as part of this year’s NDEAM theme of “Increasing Access and Opportunity” for people with disabilities at work. Find out more about the event and register through PEAT’s new #NDEAM75 page.