• Do you or someone you know live within 400m of a rail line?
• Do you know what to do in the event of a rail accident or derailment?
On November 19, 2016 (1-5 pm), we will be co-hosting with the Christie Dupont Rail Safety Group, a Community Workshop on Rail Safety and Emergency Preparedness.
This event will take place at Christie Gardens (600 Melita Crescent). The goal of this event is to provide an opportunity for residents and concerned groups to collaboratively create, with first responders, and rail and disaster management experts, a toolkit that can help anyone prepare for a rail accident.
• Rail Policy Expert, Greg Gormick
• Sarah Doucette, City Councillor (Ward 13)
• Representative from City of Toronto’s Office of Emergency Management, Boris Rosolak
• Toronto’s interim Fire Chief, Matthew Pegg
• CREW (Community Resilience to Extreme Weather) Project Lead, Sheila Murray
We are also very pleased to announce that the workshop component of this event will include the first launch of the MySafeRailApp, a free web-based application for emergency preparedness, available to the public.