|This month we are thrilled to have Kathy Racoosin! We hope you enjoy getting to know her a bit better in this month's newsletter.
1. Tell us your story! How did you get started with the whole stamping and cardmaking?
The way I was brought into card making was through a friend in 2009. My friend was on vacation and her girls took a craft class and learned how to emboss. When they returned she called me up and said you have to see this and showed me how to emboss. I was enamored and I ran to the store to purchase supplies. Soon I was hungry to know more about stamping so I took a few classes at “Angela’s Happy Stamper” One of the teachers told me about Hero Arts Flickr group & began making friends in this amazing industry and honestly it changed my life. Once Copic makers were brought to the crafting industry that was it for me! At long last I was able to combine my love of coloring with a hobby I loved & share that love through blogging.
2. You are awesome at coloring! How did you develop coloring skills? Any tips for newbies to want to get into coloring?
Aww thanks that means a lot but, I feel like I have a lot to learn. My number one tip is to be fearless when coloring and to experiment with different color combinations. Ninety percent of the time I travel with markers and that’s when I do my best work because I have limited markers and I experiment more.
3. Speaking of coloring, you are the founder of the Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge. Can you tell us what made you start this challenge?
The coloring challenge was started though my passion for coloring and wanting to share that love. The way the idea came about was at a blogging conference with Jennifer, Kristina & Heidi and the idea was born. My goal is to show anyone that might want to color …that they can be successful and enjoy the process. The best part of the 30-day challenge is friendships have been made through the love of coloring and that makes me so happy :)
4. Let's talk about cardmaking- Do you have a specific style that you are comfortable with or like to stick to?
Do I have a specific style? Hummm… I try and mix things up but, I would say adding detail to anything is more my style. Hope that makes sense lol.
5. Can you share a favorite card you made previously using Altenew products?
My favorite Altenew card is this one. Honestly I love Altenew’s stamps so much and I would be a happier person if I could color one of your images everyday.
6. This is just for fun! If you can only take 3 crafting items to an island, what would they be?
Taking 3 crafty items to an island is a not brainer for me … my Copic markers, white gel pen and a super fine tip Sharpie.
7. Your last coloring challenge just ended in November. Any plans for upcoming challenges? We'd love to join!
Yes! Thank you for asking the next one will be March 1 - March 3oth. Yay!! Thank you Altenew for always being so supportive of The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge. I am so grateful. I hope to see many of you in the next challenge.