No news this week. Enjoy the posts!
- New cause area: Violence against women and girls (Akhil)
- Terminate deliberation based on resilience, not certainty (Gregory Lewis)
- Michael Nielsen's "Notes on effective altruism" (Link-posted by Pablo)
- AGI Ruin: A List of Lethalities (Eliezer Yudkowsky)
- Things usually end slowly (Ollie Base)
- Luke Muehlhauser: Effective Altruism As I See It (link-posted by Aryeh Englander)
- Intergenerational trauma impeding cooperative existential safety efforts (Andrew Critch)
- Notes on impostor syndrome (Lizka — me)
- What does 'one dollar of value' mean? (Aaron Bergman)
- Deference Culture in EA (Joey)
- Global health is important for the epistemic foundations of EA, even for longtermists (Owen Cotton-Barratt)
Calls to action:
- Legal Priorities Project Competition: Improving Cost-Benefit Analysis to Account for Existential and Catastrophic Risks (Mackenzie)
- Former high school debaters: Share this VBI EA scholarship with your old team! (Abie Rohrig)
Classic Forum Post:
We don't have room for every good post. See the All Posts page for more!
- Beware surprising and suspicious convergence (one of the winners in the Decade Review)
You can see all of our past classic reposts here.
Read past issues