No updates this week, but we did want to call out an underutilized resource: consider writing a Forum bio! They can be useful in all sorts of ways.
If having a bio appeals to you, you may want an EA Hub Profile as well.
The EA Forum Team
- Taboo "Outside View" (Daniel Kokotajlo)
- On the limits of idealized values (Joe Carlsmith)
- The case for strong longtermism — June 2021 update (Jack Malde)
- Maybe antivirals aren't a useful priority for pandemics? (David Manheim)
- Type Checking GiveWell's Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of GiveDirectly (Hazelfire)
- Opinion: Digital marketing is underutilized in EA (JSWinchell, who would be happy to talk to you about running a digital marketing campaign)
Events and applications:
- You can now apply to EA Funds anytime! (LTFF & EAIF) (Jonas Vollmer)
- WANBAM mentee applications are open (Kathryn Mecrow-Flynn)
- US Policy Careers Speaker Series — Summer 2021 (Mauricio)
Questions seeking answers:
- What are some key numbers that (almost) every EA should know? (Linchuan Zhang)
- What are some examples of successful social change? (Aaron Gertler)
- What contests should be held for EA-related achievements? (Mati Roy)
We don't have room for every good post. See the All Posts page for more!
Read past issues
Know someone who might enjoy these? Send them a signup link!