We just released provisional dates for this year's EA Global and EAGx conferences. Sign up here to get email reminders when applications open.
We also have a new AMA, from Seth Baum of the Global Catastrophic Risk Institute: "My work focuses on bridging the divide between theoretical ideals about global catastrophic risk, the long-term future, outer space, etc. and the practical realities of how to make a positive difference on these issues."
The EA Forum Team
- Flimsy pet theories, enormous initiatives (Ozzie Gooen)
- Response to recent criticisms of longtermism (Avital Balwit)
- 80,000 Hours wants to talk to more people than ever (Habiba Islam)
- Zvi's thoughts on the Survival and Flourishing Fund (Zvi Mowshowitz)
- Aiming for the minimum of self-care is dangerous (Tessa Alexanian)
- Monitoring wild animal welfare via vocalizations (HannahMc, Holly Elmore)
- A huge opportunity for impact: movement building at top universities (Alex Holness-Tofts, Joan Gass)
Questions seeking answers:
- Where are you donating in 2021, and why? (Aaron Gertler)
- Celebrating 2021: What are your favorite wins and examples of good news for EA, the world, and yourself? (Luke Freeman)
- What holiday songs, stories, etc., do you associate with effective altruism? (evelynciara)
We don't have room for every good post. See the All Posts page for more!
Read past issues