Save The Dates!
Hello 282! It's hard to believe that it's nearly June and the end of another wonderful school year. Please see below for the names of your newly elected PTO Executive Board and SLT members, and scroll down for a list of important June dates--including a June 10 PTO meeting, our last of the year, which will hopefully bring news about our school's next Principal from Superintendent Kamar Samuels.
🌟2019-2020 PTO Executive Board and School Leadership Team🌟
Thank you to all of those who attended the May 15 PTO meeting. Elections for next year's Executive Board and School Leadership Team were held, and we hope you will join us in congratulating the winners:
Co-Presidents: Nancy Pincus and Stephanie Kearns
Treasurer: Angela Bellisio
Recording Secretary: Chris Mooney
Co-Communications Secretaries: Cindy Bradshaw and Krystina Athas
Co-Vice Presidents of Fundraising: Tracey Toole and Christina Wisniewski
Vice President of Outreach: Brianna McCarty
Middle School Liaison: Malaika Patterson
(PTO Presidents also automatically sit on this committee)
✍🏻Important June Dates✍🏻
(Community-wide event dates are listed first, but scroll down for graduation/end of year ceremonies as well as school closing dates)
Saturday, June 1: Fair for the Arts
11 am - 2 pm, 282 Yard
- Bring the whole family for a fun-filled afternoon of games, food, sports, a bounce house, crafting, music, and more to benefit 282
- Suggested $10 donation admission per person, all proceeds go towards funding student enrichments and community initiatives at 282
- Volunteer or bake a treat to sell! Sign up here.
Friday, June 7: LEGO Movie 2 Movie Night, hosted by Green Zone
6 pm, 282 Auditorium
Monday, June 10: Last PTO Meeting of the Year
6 pm, 282 Auditorium
- BIG NEWS: We have invited Superintendent Kamar Samuels to attend the meeting, and he has said he should have the Principal appointment resolved by that time.
- Give/hear presentations on funding proposals for the 2019-2020 year (CLICK HERE FOR GUIDANCE)
- PTO 2019-2020 Funding vote (you MUST be at the meeting in person to vote)
- Updates on ongoing parent-led initiatives
- News and updates on upcoming events
Childcare available from 6-7:30, $5 suggested donation. Pizza provided for the kids. SIGN UP HERE if you'd like childcare.
🎓June Graduation and Ceremony Dates🎓
June 10: 8th Grade Night of Excellence, 4-5:30 pm
June 17: 8th Grade Prom, 5-9 pm
June 18: Kindergarten Stepping-Up Ceremony, 9-11 am
June 19: 5th Grade Graduation (9-11 am) and Dance (3-7 pm)
June 20: Pre-K Stepping-Up Ceremony, 9-11 am
June 24: 8th Grade Graduation, 9:30-11 am
🚫June NO SCHOOL Dates🚫
June 4: Eid al-Fitr
June 6: Chancellor's Day
June 11: Clerical Day
Last Day of School: Wednesday, June 26, 11:30 am dismissal for all students.
As always, please feel free to send any questions to email@example.com. Happy June!
Warmly, the 282 PTO