I’m very excited to announce that all of the changes we’ve been working hard on are finally here! There’s a lot to review so I’ll keep this to the point.
- We’ve consolidated all of our online applications into one new, intuitive and easy to use application -- give it a spin.
- The frequency of automated loan status updates has been increased so you'll always know what is going on with your loan.
- All term sheets will now be sent for easy completion and signature via e-signature software -- no more downloading, printing, handwriting, scanning or faxing (our goal is to be sending all our documents this way by 2020).
- Hard-Money Real Estate Financing is back (learn more).
- Subprime SBA 504 Financing is back (learn more).
- Non-SBA Business Financing is back (learn more).
- Existing appraisals will now be considered for use in many cases.
- We’ve added the following collateral types to our eligible Small Balance Real Estate (SBRE) program: Vacation rentals (Airbnb, Vrbo, etc.), hotel, motel, rooming house, sober living, rehab house, assisted living, adult living, memory care, student housing, funeral home, bed and breakfast, gas station, campground, RV park, religious property, car wash, golf course, marina, and more…
- Veterans and First Responders will now receive a fee deposit waiver until 2020 for our SBRE program in most cases (this means that for most loan transactions and programs, Veterans and First Responders will now pay zero out-of-pocket fees to us.)
These changes take effect as of September 30th, 2019. There will be no pricing or referral fee changes for loans that were submitted prior to today. However, if you were previously declined for a loan you now think may fit our guidelines, please re-apply.
- We’ve doubled your referral fees. We listened to your feedback, so all referral partners (the production tiers are gone) will now receive a 2% SBRE referral fee (was 1%) and a 1% Subprime SBA referral fee (was 0.50%). The referral fee for hard-money is 1.5% and the referral fee for non-SBA business financing is 1%.
- You’re now involved at every step of the way. We understand that submitting a referral to us and not being able to help collect information and documentation was a big problem for many of you, so we’ve changed our process. You are now welcome to assist at every stage of the loan process and you will be copied on every status update (for fraud prevention reasons we will still need to communicate with the borrower throughout the process).
- Our Partner Portal has been updated. When you log in to the Partner Portal (register if you are not yet approved) you will see updated referral partner guidelines (required reading), new rate sheets with expanded guidelines, and a new referral application (you can only submit referrals in the Partner Portal now, the loan application on the main part of our website is for borrowers only).
- You can now get a Pricing Quote in the Partner Portal. If you want us to quote terms for your loan scenario and DO NOT want us to begin communication with your borrower, submit a referral application and select, “Pricing Quote” at the top. We will only begin communicating with your borrower once you are ready for a Term Sheet.
- A tagged referral link that covers all our programs is now available for all referral partners. If you’re interested in getting paid for marketing our programs instead of, or in addition to, brokering them -- ask us for a tagged referral link. Any lead that comes in on your link will be automatically recorded to you, you won’t need to do a thing and you’ll earn the same referral fee upon closing.
We hope you like the improvements we’ve come up with and we will continue to innovate and make enhancements going forward. It’s our goal to be the go-to lender for all your real estate and business financing needs, and make working with us as simple as possible.
Here’s to a great fourth quarter!