'Tis the Season of Your Heart
It’s Leo Season.
The sun is out and shining strong. She has moved into the sign of Leo, and it’s time for you to shine as well.
BUT, wait. Before you shine, I invite you to Pause.
It is what this Leo New Moon is asking us to do. It’s asking us to shine, and not to look outside of ourselves for the light, but instead to look within.
That is where you will find your strength and your power. Within.
You may be experiencing a lot of intense energy right now. This is a tumultuous time. (For many reasons, astrological and otherwise). Things may feel like they’re falling apart, and if they do feel that way, it’s okay… in fact, it’s GOOD. Sometimes things have to feel like they’re falling apart to fall together. And sometimes they have to actually fall apart.
So, you may be looking around your life, and you may see things crumbling at your feet. Piles of rubble all around. Now you get to rebuild. Any design you choose. Get out your paper and your pen and create your blueprint and build again.
And as you rebuild, remember your heart. Leo's energy centers around the heart. And as you rebuild, look to your heart, and you will find your power and strength. AND you WILL SHINE!
Now is the time to slow down. Settle in. Meditate. Create art. Write. Rise above the simple (and often silly) miscommunications and misunderstandings that lead to disagreements. Don’t rush your thought process, don’t jump to conclusions. Don’t assume.
“Carolyn,” my father used to say to me, “don’t assume. It makes an ASS of U and ME.” He was right.
So, instead of reacting, breathe. Instead of reacting, step back. Instead of reacting, practice mindfulness. Practice flexibility. Practice being open-minded. Practice the art of the pause.
And soon, in the coming weeks, you will feel the lift, the change in energy, and you will know: It is time to rebuild.
Here are some journal prompts that will support you now:
- What have I been holding back from completing or starting? Maybe you’ve been contemplating a new business or job, maybe it’s that you’ve wanted to take up a hobby or sport or maybe you want to paint, or dance, or write.
- What habits/patterns/actions keep me stuck and hold me back?
- How can I get unstuck and move forward? How can I break these habits? Change my patterns? And what can I learn from them? (Sometimes, when you learn what you need to learn from your patterns/habits, it’s easier to break them, in fact sometimes they break themselves.)
- How can I shine and be the star of my life/movie from the inside out? (Notice if you look outside yourself for approval, validation, for your ‘shine’ and look to yourself for these things.)
- With this New Moon on your side, supporting you through any changes, you wish to make or any new ideas, habits, or ventures you wish to try, ask yourself, what’s next for me?
Remember, Leo the Lion shares the message that we can be proud, confident, and fierce in who we are!
And, if you are being called to start something new, something creative, something like WRITING...then I invite you to join our beautiful Adventures In Writing community. Classes start up again in September.
Sign up for Adventures in Writing beginning again in September!