TCPC Club Meeting - Image Evaluations with Special Guest: CAPA Judge Sue Olsen
Oct 25th, 2022
Tuesday, October 25th, 2022 TCPC Club Meeting
7:00 PM, Doors open at 6:30 PM
Topic: TCPC - Club Meeting – CAPA Judge Sue Olsen will be going through image evaluations
- Carla Hamilton – a short information session on CAPA
- CAPA Judge Sue Olsen will be going through an image evaluation
- Voting on final 6 images to be submitted to LGCC competition
- Fun Photo Challenge to our Members
- We have borrowed an idea from DPS (Digital Photography School)
- “Singular, non plural. ‘Shoe’
- When given a very simple object, can we stop and think about a way to photograph that object with some extra interest, some interesting lighting, a very random perspective? Photograph a shoe in a way that it’s not been photographed before?
- “Shoe” It’s likely most of us have one or two (or a load more!) but how will we photograph it? (Just one, not the pair)”
- Bring to the meeting on a USB drive
Our meeting will be at:
380 Montgomery St,
Coquitlam, BC V3K 5G2
The photo frame donated by Trevor Code from Opus will be given to one lucky member.
Be sure to attend this in person meeting!
Upcoming Meetings & Events:
November 8th, 2022
November 22th, 2022
December 13th, 2022
- Meeting on Zoom
- Special Guest: Dennis Ducklow
- Multiply Your Creativity with Double Exposure
- Fun Photo Challenge to our Members
- The fun photo Challenge for our Nov. 8th meeting is: Chair
- Send your photograph to Jerry Janzen at firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of the meeting.
Congratulations to the TCPC!
We recently entered our first CAPA competition with submissions to the annual Pacific Zone event. We did very well with an overall score of 133.5. Well done everyone!! The Gold Medal winner was the Langley Camera Club with an overall score of 149.
Individual scores of submissions from TCP:
- Wise Old Owl by Robb Berezan: 23.5
- A Walk with a View by Michelle Clayton: 20.00
- Cherry Blossom Eyes by Elizabeth Gray: 21.5
- Cowichan Bay Sailboats by Jerry Janzen: 21.5
- The Argument by Anita Niven: 24.00
- Fire Blanket by Lisa Stewart: 23.00
© Robb Berezan
© Michelle Clayton
© Elizabeth Gray
© Jerry Janzen
© Anita Niven
© Lisa Stewart
It is that time of the year again!
- Membership fees are due in September.
- As of November 1st, access to the Facebook page, the Tri-City Photography website and the Newsletter will be locked down for paid up members only.
- If you need Membership forms and instructions email: email@example.com
- If you have a problem accessing our sites and your dues have been paid, please let Membership know.
TCPC Partner Events
2022-2023 BC / Yukon Inter-Club Speaker Series
Bryan Peterson - Understanding Contrast: Going Beyond Light and Shadow
Speaker and topic to be confirmed
- Friday, November 18. 2022, 7-9 PM PT (Zoom opens: 6:30)
This event moderated by: Harbour City Photography Club
- Are you having trouble ‘seeing’? Do you often find yourself heading out the door with the intention of capturing some really compelling image only to come back empty-handed? What is the most common problem EVERY photographer faces in everyday composition? Bryan Peterson is convinced that inside your camera bag a virtual gold mine of compelling compositions awaits, once you fully embrace the unique vision of each of your lenses and begin to apply ALL that exists in the world of contrast! As you will discover, ANY subject can be turned into a compelling shot, no matter how mundane.
- REGISTRATION REQUIRED https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0lcuigrD8vE9bWu2-ed3xsvsbthTfwVVYs#/registration
Dianne Bos - Alternative Photography Techniques
- Friday, January 13, 2023, 7-9 PM PT (Zoom opens: 6:30)
This event moderated by: Comox Valley Photographic Society
- Details about this event will be announced as soon as possible
- Friday, February 24, 2023, 7-9 PM PT (Zoom opens: 6:30)
- This event moderated by: Victoria Camera Club
Craig Blacklock - Light Waves
- Dianne Bos has been exhibiting her photo based work for over 40 years. She has evolved various thematic bodies of work, and merged technical innovations to create new visual hybrids: her innovative uses of pinhole, film, camera obscura, photogram, installation, and cyanotype all explore the world around us. Dianne says, “The excitement, for me, lies not in photographing and reproducing something I can see, but in revealing the imperceptible (and maybe only the imagined) using the physics of light and time and traditional darkroom techniques.”
- REGISTRATION REQUIRED https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAudeqtqz4qGNU00oskzRltaFgaU15ARjKh#/registration
- Friday, April 14, 2023, 7-9 PM PT (Zoom opens: 6:30)
This event moderated by: SaltSpring Island Photography Club
- Most photographers have one recognizable style they apply to varied subjects throughout their lives. Conversely, Craig Blacklock, has devoted his life’s work to depicting the interface of land and water in wilderness areas, specifically, Lake Superior, where he is constantly exploring new ways to express our relationship with the natural world. For his latest project, Light Waves, Blacklock travelled by kayak gathering images that unlock a portal into an astonishing universe where light dances with water, creating the illusion of three-dimensional objects and spaces.
- REGISTRATION REQUIRED https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIlduCppjgoGNJ4KLF8I4oGGmk7PafHI6B4#/registration
Cheers, TCPC Executive Committee
- Once an individual has registered, they will automatically receive a Zoom meeting connection to each presentation they have registered for. A week before each presentation and the day before a presentation, a reminder email, with Zoom meeting connection, will be sent to each registrant.