Tuesday, January 24th, 2023 TCPC Club Meeting 7:00 PM, Doors open at 6:30 PM
Topic: TCPC - Club Meeting – Elizabeth Gray - “Long Exposure”
Meeting in Person
Presenter – Elizabeth Gray – “Long Exposure”
- Long exposures allow you to simplify a scene by removing or softly blurring moving objects within the composition.
- On Tuesday Elizabeth will discuss techniques and gear needed to create daytime long exposure photographs with softly blurred skies and water.
- Additionally, she will talk about using long exposures to capture star trails, the moon, and the Milky Way.
- If time permits, Elizabeth will also discuss ways to combine flash and long exposure photography.
© Elizabeth Gray
© Elizabeth Gray
North Shore Photographic Challenge – Voting on TCPC members photographs to be submitted.
Upcoming Meetings & Events:
MONDAY February 13, 2023
February 28, 2023
March 14, 2023
- Meeting in person
- Note the day and date change! Have Valentines Day with your favorite person rather than your favourite camera. 😊
- Dave from CS Designs with samples of his aluminum prints his company makes.
- My photo, your edit.
- DEADLINE January 27. Send Steve at firstname.lastname@example.org up to two photos for editing; RAW files if available. Steve will then put them on dropbox or something similar for the members to edit and then the edited photos have to be sent back to Steve by February 10. Then at the meeting on February 13 we will all look at them at the meeting.
March 28, 2023
April 11, 2023
- Montgomery will be closed for Spring Break
- Meeting on Zoom
- Presenter - Brad Hill - Ethical Wildlife Photography
April 25, 2023
- Presenter – John Saremba
- Macro Photography
TCPC Partner Events
2022-2023 BC / Yukon Inter-Club Speaker Series
Dianne Bos - Alternative Photography Techniques
Craig Blacklock - Light Waves
- Friday, February 24, 2023, 7-9 PM PT (Zoom opens: 6:30)
This event moderated by: Victoria Camera Club
- Dianne Bos has been exhibiting her photo based work for over 40 years. She has evolved various thematic bodies of work, and merged technical innovations to create new visual hybrids: her innovative uses of pinhole, film, camera obscura, photogram, installation, and cyanotype all explore the world around us. Dianne says, “The excitement, for me, lies not in photographing and reproducing something I can see, but in revealing the imperceptible (and maybe only the imagined) using the physics of light and time and traditional darkroom techniques.”
- Friday, April 14, 2023, 7-9 PM PT (Zoom opens: 6:30)
This event moderated by: SaltSpring Island Photography Club
- Most photographers have one recognizable style they apply to varied subjects throughout their lives. Conversely, Craig Blacklock, has devoted his life’s work to depicting the interface of land and water in wilderness areas, specifically, Lake Superior, where he is constantly exploring new ways to express our relationship with the natural world. For his latest project, Light Waves, Blacklock travelled by kayak gathering images that unlock a portal into an astonishing universe where light dances with water, creating the illusion of three-dimensional objects and spaces.
- REGISTRATION REQUIRED
Cheers, TCPC Executive Committee
- Once an individual has registered, they will automatically receive a Zoom meeting connection to each presentation they have registered for. A week before each presentation and the day before a presentation, a reminder email, with Zoom meeting connection, will be sent to each registrant.