Calling all Waterwitch Stars in the Waterwitch Constellation! Pre-order The Light Inside You here!
After three plus years of slow and steady progress, the new Waterwitch album is almost born! Waterwitch is a collaboration between Brian Castillo and me, with other great musicians contributing. It is lush, surprising, ear-tickling, fun, deep, and to our ears anyway, just gorgeous.
While I have put out numerous albums under my name over the years, this is only our second Waterwitch album. The first was over a decade ago, so it’s a long time coming! I hope you love it as much as we do.
I did most of the core songwriting, inspired by nature and ponderings about love, meditation, quest, being in the moment, darkness and light interweaving, and a yearning for a universal language to bridge the divides between us. There’s a lot of deep groove and rhythm, but there is sweetness and light throughout too. The dark dilemmas of our times beside reflections of clouds dancing on the water.
Brian played multiple instruments and wove in sound textures from nature and obscure electronic deities who whisper their secrets only to him. He has been learning new ways to make the sounds he hears in that very special head of his, and the result is beautiful.
I hope you will become a Waterwitch Star and pre-order a numbered and signed CD for $20 before June 30th! All Waterwitch Stars will receive:
- A signed and numbered CD PLUS another one for a friend. Your CD will be numbered in the order purchased, and signed by Brian and me. The second one is to give away to a friend, spread the Waterwitch love! $20 for both.
- A digital version of the album will be yours to listen to while you wait for the CD in the mail. Immediate gratification! This version includes lyrics, liner notes for the album and each song, and cool art that goes with each song too, much of it made by our friends.
- A hand-written note of eternal gratitude for being a crucial and beautiful part of our journey making art.
- Donation opportunity! If you can and wish to, you can donate any amount over $20. Like most artists these days, we need some collaboration with fans to do our work. It’s a wonderful way to keep the reciprocity and the art flowing. We are grateful for any help funding this project!
- Be a Waterwitch Patron! Anyone who donates $100 or more will get Grand Canyon-deep gratitude AND a personalized short song that you help me write. This can be a healing song, a visioning a goal song, or a song about your dog, Snugga-muffin. Or I can also just record one of your favorite songs and tell you in detail all the things I dig about you! (I will probably do that anyway.)
You can pre-order The Light Inside You with the beautiful painting on the cover by dear friend and painter Adam Wolpert right here!
We are trying to keep the process pretty simple. We are putting this out on our own label again, Brew. We aren’t a big operation here at the Waterwitch Cathedral, but the music is true, and we are grateful to finally be able to share it with our friends and the wide world. In the next few weeks this album will be on the other streaming services, but to begin with you can hear it on Bandcamp.
Olympia CD Release Concert Sunday June 30th
I also hope you can come to our Olympia CD release celebration with the full band. This will be very fun. One friend is coming all the way from Atlanta!
What: Waterwitch The Light Inside You Record Release Concert
When: Sunday June 30, 7:30 PM, doors open 7:00
Where: Octapas Café, 414 4th Ave E., Olympia, WA
Please join Brian, me and most of the musicians who helped make the record: Jon Green on bass (of Seattle Symphony), Robin Toye (of many bands, including Waterwitch, the Lumen, and the Hinges) and Tyrrell Sweetman on cello. Also thrilled that the wonderful Oly songster goddess Eleanor Murray is joining us for harmonies! Come early and eat dinner, the food there is great. Contact me if you need more info.
Thank you so much for being on this journey with us!
PS: To Russ and Rodney and Ron and all my other vinyl-loving pals: we couldn’t do the vinyl after all—there were too many songs and making a double album was crazy expensive. Maybe down the road!
PPS: Who wants to get CD #1? #2 is cool too, and #3…!
PPPS: Once you get the digital version, note that all songs have liner notes (some mini-essays, you know me...) as well as some beautiful images. Some of the images come from us, some from artist friends Adam Wolpert, Ron Randall, and an amazing photograph of Dorothy by Anna Semple. Just click on the individual song links to see/read!