What is my current Caller ID set as? Are my extensions using the desired DID for outbound calls? How do I update or make changes to my Caller ID name? These are a few questions that NocTel support gets regarding Caller ID and to help our users better understand Caller ID and how to make changes we have a new article
on the NocTel Knowledge base.
Helpful Tips and Info on Caller ID:
- The Caller ID name is the text displayed with a number for outbound calls.
- The Caller ID name is assigned to a number and can be viewed on a number’s details page in the NocTel control panel.
- Caller ID names are limited to 15 characters.
- Caller ID names must adhere to FCC regulations and CNAM database policies.
- It can take up to 60 days for changes to a Caller ID name to be updated in the CNAM database and distributed to all carriers on the telephone network.
- Once the Caller ID name is set to a number, the telephone number can be associated with an extension for its outbound caller ID.
Please check out the Caller ID
article for more details and guides to making changes to your account's Caller ID. If you need further assistance the support team is standing by to help. Contact us at email@example.com