Surrey has a large Armed Forces Community, currently 40,000 veterans, 6,000 serving, 1,280 service children.
To help you understand, work with and know more about this huge group of people within our communities, a free one-hour virtual session from Forces Connect is now available to book. This training is designed to increase/refresh your understanding of:
- What the Armed Forces Covenant is and the new legislation
- Who are the armed forces community
- What challenges are they likely to face
- How can we understand their needs
- Where are the military in your area
- How to link with armed forces charities and how they can help
The one-hour-long sessions are planned to take place at various times on Wednesday 2 February, Thursday 17 March, Monday 25 April and Wednesday 18 May.
In Summer 2022 the Armed Forces Covenant is being enshrined in law resulting in a legal requirement for local authorities to ensure ‘due regard’ for this community in a number of key areas. If you have any questions or have any issues with booking your place please email firstname.lastname@example.org.