A Message for New and Returning Deacons
Please plan to attend a meeting immediately following Sunday worship on January 11th to elect a new chair and Missions Council representatives. In addition to the normal duties as deacon, other responsibilities of the chair include:
- Purchases communion supplies (cups and juice) and monitors inventory
- Makes sure there is deacon coverage for special services
- Represents the Diaconate at monthly Missions Council meetings
- Is a member of Worship Mission and Executive Council
- Schedules and conducts Diaconate meetings as necessary
Four deacons will be selected to serve as voting members of the Missions Council and attend monthly meetings. If we decide to continue having Captains/Alternate Captains for each class, then appointments may be made during the meeting as well. Please let me know if there are any questions about these responsibilities. Additionally, we’ll have a brief training session for new deacons following this meeting.
Hope to see everyone on January 11th!