Attending Online Meetings
1. Free Tickets for our Online Meetings are made available via the Eventbrite Website. www.Eventbrite.com.
2. Links to each individual event are provided on our website - www.glamfhs.org.uk/events AND
3. In our monthly Newsletters.
4. Click on the link on the website/newsletter to go to the event on Eventbrite.
5. On the Event Page click on the green 'Register' button and follow the instructions to book a free ticket.
6. You will be emailed a registration confirmation.
7. A few days before the event you will be emailed a 'reminder email' about the event.
8. A day or so before the event you will be emailed a Zoom link.
You cannot access the event without this Zoom link so keep a look out for an email from Eventbrite in your inbox and spam folder.
It is a good idea to check you have received the Zoom link a few hours before the meeting as the meeting administrators are not usually able to check their emails once preparation for the event commences ie within 20-30 minutes before the event start time.
Using Zoom to join the Online Meeting
1. Download the Zoom program/App: It is a good idea to download the Zoom program beforehand from the Zoom website.
2. Alternatively you will receive instructions when you click on the Zoom link in your email (however this takes time if you do this just as the meeting is about to start)
3. Click on the Zoom LInk in your Eventbrite email: If you have already downloaded the Zoom program - Click on the Zoom link in the Eventbrite email.
4. Check your camera and microphone: You will be asked to check your microphone and camera are working.
5. Waiting Room: You will be placed in a Waiting Room until the Administrators are ready to start the event. Some events have a large number of attendees so it may take a while to let everyone in.
6. Turning off microphones/cameras: We will ask you to mute your microphones once you have joined the meeting. Also turning off your camera once the event starts can save bandwidth and help if you have an intermittent internet signal or are using Wifi.
We hope to see you at our Online Meetings - Enjoy!