Open Day & Annual General Meeting - Saturday 29 February from 10.30 am
***NEW Baptisms 'Master' Index Uploaded """
CANCELLED DUE TO FLOODING - Pontypridd & Rhondda Branch Meeting Tuesday 18 February 7 pm at Pontypridd Museum @pontymuseum @GlamorganFHS
An Extraordinary Executive Committee Meeting was held on Saturday 8 February in order to review the nominations received for the 2020 Society Officer and Executive Committee positions and to decide on a policy to cover for any vacancies after the Annual General Meeting on Saturday 29 February.
1. Nominations have been received for the following:
Chairman: Meic Jones
Secretary: Jane Jones
Committee Members: Ian Black, NIck Davey, Sue Hamer and Nancy Thomas
2. Unless further nominations are received we shall therefore be without a Society Treasurer and Vice Chairman after the Annual General Meeting.
3. One further Committee Member can be co-opted.
4. Six trustees have been elected by each of the branches and these will be confirmed at the Annual General Meeting.
5. A team of volunteers is at present undertaking training to cover the day to day book-keeping and payment elements of the Treasurer's role but we shall need to appoint a Treasurer as soon as possible and so we once again ask if there is anyone who is willing to take on this vital Society position. The volunteer does not need to be local to South Wales.
The deadline for nominations has now passed but anyone interested in any of these positions can be co-opted to the Executive Committee at subsequent Trustee meetings.
Further information/job descriptions for all Society positions and vacancies are shown on our website. We are currently developing a team to cover each of the Society Officer roles with each position having one or more 'Assistants' in order to ensure better progression planning in future
For further information on any of our Society Executive/Committee roles contact the relevant person or click on the screen show below.
Our Website now includes a section for Volunteers and Society Projects - Contact details for each project are included. Information on further projects will be uploaded shortly. Click on the screen shot below to view.
BAPTISMS 'MASTER' INDEX
Now uploaded to the Members Only Area of our website.
Containing 552K entries this is the largest of our indexes. It includes both Anglican and Non-conformist/RC baptisms some from as early as the 1560s until 1930. There are gaps in some registers but there is a coverage list.
Click here to view: Baptisms Index Coverage
You need to log in to view the Baptisms Index.
June Journal - General Issue
Deadline: 20 April Please email any content to email@example.com