Hi <<First Name>>
Acts 15 gives us amazing insight into how the early Church handled disputes and difficult questions.
- They discussed together in a robust, honest, and loving way
- They listened to all views and sides
- They followed and were guided by Scripture
- They had the lost and the unity of the body in mind while staying true to correct doctrine
- They had a leader who made the final call
What can you learn from this fascinating story?
I believe the take aways for us today are that we should have the same care and concern for unity and love on certain "grey" issues, but also be uncompromising on the main issue of salvation - that it is only by Jesus' death (grace) and it is only received by faith, and not by religious good works. We should be willing to anything except sin in order to keep unity, and to win the lost (1 Cor 9:19-23).
We are praying for you and your loved ones, and for those around you who God wants to reach. He has great plans for us.
Love in His service
Gregg and the Leading Lights team