We're going bi-monthly! Starting with the current March-April, 2019, issue, the Videogram/website update will be issued six times a year rather than monthly. When news can't wait until the next issue, Videogram ALERT emails will keep you up to date.
Want to learn to manage still photos on your PC? Check out this Camera Club class starting April 2..
Latest Video Club News
- To see our latest Video Club news at a glance on our website, click here.
- To read individual posts, click on the headlines below.
The Video Club Needs Your Help!
Intro to YouTube Class to Be Offered March 11
Attorney Jules Zalon to Discuss Copyright March 21
Learn Advanced PC Video Editing March 18
Video Club on Village Television in March
First “Short Film Showcase” to Be Held April 1
iPad/iPhone Users! Get Better Video April 8
3 New Classes in April: Sound, Camera, Light!
Photo Project Seeks Village Residents Over 100
Shoots and More Shoots for Video One Productions
Please scroll down for Video Club announcements.
RETURN TO TOP
Volunteers Are Stepping Up!
In response to a call for volunteers in last month's Videogram, Marsha Berman (left) has become our new Membership Director, replacing the late Gary Simpson. Marsha led a team of enthusiastic volunteers to put on a truly memorable event when she chaired our 9th Annual "Academy" Awards Banquet, February 16 (replacing Barbel Dagostino, who had to drop out for health reasons). Marsha has also served for several years as a Friday Video Lab Supervisor with Wolfgang Kutter. Thank you, Marsha! Your help is really appreciated!
A second new volunteer is Lab Supervisor Gary Truax, who has been helping Tuesday Supervisor Bob Kulpa. Gary, a snowbird, will be leaving temporarily in May. Hurry back, Gary!!
Here are some volunteer jobs that still need filling:
- Lab Supervisor -- Many Supervisors have served for years in this rewarding work, helping residents capture old memories from such vintage formats as 35mm slides and VHS tapes, as well as assisting them with other video-related projects. A few new helpers are currently needed -- and training is available! Please contact Friday Supervisor Wolfgang Kutter, email@example.com, 949-457-1259,
- Publicity Assistant for Village Television -- Work with Publicity Director Lucy Parker to arrange interviews about our activities on the "This Day" news show and to to make sure our events are listed on the Message Board
- Club History Assistant -- Hey, old-timers! We're lookin' at YOU! Help Historian (and Past-President) Norma Benner prepare our archives for the History Center where they will be properly preserved and available for years to come. Let's finish this job during 2019 -- the Video Club's 30th anniversary
To volunteer, contact President Steve Carman, firstname.lastname@example.org, 424-254-6583, or Publicity Director Lucy Parker, email@example.com, 949456-4657.
RETURN TO TOP
Unit to Copy 8mm Films Available for Loans
The Wolverine Film 2 Digital Movie Maker recently donated by resident Eric Ordway to the Marvin Green Memorial Capture Center in the Video Lab is now available to check out for short loans (deposit required), according to Equipment Manager Jim Rohrs.
See our recent website post about this equipment. The unit copies old 8mm and Super 8 films, frame-by-frame, turning them into MP4 videos which can be played and/or edited on a computer and uploaded to YouTube or Facebook.
"The three hours the Video Lab is open may not provide enough time to copy your longer home movies," Jim explained. The Video Lab is open Tuesday-Friday from 1-4 pm. Equipment in our Consumer Camcorder Loan Program -- now including the Wolverine Movie Maker -- is checked out and in ONLY on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
RETURN TO TOP
It's Time to Renew Your Membership!
Click here to download a 2019 Video Club Membership Form. Print out, complete, and mail it with your check to Membership Director Marsha Berman at the address shown. If you're not already a member, now's the time to join!