CLICK HERE for Video Club announcements
CLICK HERE for Camera and Publishing Club news of special interest
Latest Video Club News
To see our latest Video Club news at a glance on our website, CLICK HERE.
To read individual posts, click on the headlines below.
Awards Banquet Reservation Deadline Is February 9
30th Anniversary Open House Was A Hit!
Winter-Spring 2019 Class Schedule Available
Learn to Edit Video and Amaze Your Audience!
Intro to YouTube Class to Be Offered March 11
Theatre Guild Produces New Comedy by Phil Doran
Gary Simpson Buried at Sea on January 20
Video Club & Camera Club to Photograph Centenarians
Video Club on Village Television in February
Now You Can Copy 8mm and Super 8 Film in Video Lab
Several key volunteer opportunities are open to members who would like to give back to the Video Club and help others gain the benefits we've enjoyed. Contact President Steve Carman, firstname.lastname@example.org, 424-254-6583, or Publicity Director Lucy Parker, email@example.com, 949456-4657.
- Membership Director -- Take over this important Board of Directors position -- or learn the job by assisting President Steve Carman with membership following the recent death of Membership Director Gary Simpson.
- History Assistant -- Help Past-President and current Historian Norma Benner prepare our archives for the History Center where they will be properly preserved and available to all. Hey, old-timers! We're talkin' to YOU! Let's finish this job during our 30th Anniversary in 2019
- Publicity Assistant -- Maintain Videogram Email Mailing List -- Work with Publicity Director Lucy Parker to make sure all new members receive current information about the club. Learn to use the free MailChimp emailing service.
- Publicity Assistant for Village Television -- Work with Publicity Director Lucy Parker to make sure our events are listed on the Message Board and to arrange interviews about our activities on the "This Day" news show.
- Lab Supervisor -- A second Lab Supervisor is needed to work with our Treasurer and veteran Supervisor Bob Kulpa on Tuesday afternoons. If you're comfortable with technology and enjoy helping others, this may be the job for you! Please contact Friday Lab Supervisor Wolfgang Kutter, firstname.lastname@example.org, 949-457-1259. It's rewarding work and training is available.
It's Time to Renew Your Membership!
Click here to download a 2019 Video Club Membership Form. Print out and complete it and mail with your check to our acting Membership Director Steve Carman at the address shown. If you're not already a member, now's the time to join!
New Video Club Fact Sheet Available
The Video Club FACT SHEET has been updated. Click here to view or download a copy. It's a handy reference, containing contact info on club leaders and guidance on whom to see for what.
RETURN TO TOP
February Events of Interest at Other Clubs
Click here for flier.
PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS -- Many Video Club members have expressed an interest in learning Photoshop Elements. If you're among them and have some familiarity with the program, take advantage of this learning opportunity offered by the Camera Club, starting February 12. Professional Instructor Art Ramirez has taught for Samy's Cameras and Michael's Craft Stores. He is also expected to teach "Advanced Photoshop Elements" in June and "Beginning Photoshop Elements" next October. If any Camera Club class is too advanced, BTW, you may ask for a refund.
For very basic photo editing, Peter Battin, who coordinate the Camera Club's education program, teaches a one-day introductory class in Faststone Viewer, a useful, free photo-editing program stronly endorsed by the Camera Club. In addition, you may receive limited one-on-one help with Photoshop Elements from Battin himself, a skilled user, when he's on Supervisor duty at the Camera Club on Mondays from 9 am-noon.
To stay informed about these and other Camera Club classes, add yourself to the club's email list on the home page of their website under “Mailing List.”
Click here for flier.
ON SAFARI WITH THE LENTHALLS -- Many Video Club members know fellow club member Linda Lenthall, often a winner at our early "Academy" Awards Banquets for the travel videos she entered in our Annual Short Video Contests. Linda and her husband Jim will present "An African Safari" for the Camera Club on February 11, sharing digital images they have taken during their 10 trips to Africa.
Click here for flier
GILA ZALON ON MOVIE STORY IDEAS -- New Video Club member Gila Zalon, who wrote (and starred in) the Video Club's first dramatic video, "Write It Down," will address the Publishing Club on February 20 on "Wow! That Would Make A Great Movie" -- what to do if your idea, story, or book has movie potential. Gila has been a writer, actor, dancer, and theatrical producer.