The Importance of Aeration
Everybody wins when you aerate your lawn... the soil, the air, the grass, the roots, the Potomac River, the Chesapeake Bay, and our entire community!
By aerating your lawn you provide the following benefits to your lawn and its root system:
- fertilizers and nutrients get access to the root system;
- oxygen gets to the roots and the soil allowing it to breathe;
- water is able to better soak into the soil and reach the root system;
- helps to break up thatch;
- tight, compacted soil is loosened up allowing the root system to grow.
Read more on the Grosh's Lawn Service website here.